Do you want to apply your passion for naval architecture and ship propulsion to support colleagues and customers worldwide?
“In the field of large two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge centre. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to influence our future designs as you gain a thorough understanding of our customers’ needs.”
- Thomas S. Hansen, Head of Promotion & Customer Support
About the job
As an expert in maritime technology, you will join the Sales Support team in Two-Stroke Promotion & Customers Support. Our department’s main mission is to spread the word about our two-stroke marine engines and solutions and inspire potential customers – such as shipyard design engineers, fleet managers and ship owners – to seek us out.
Your new team assists our promotion managers with support on more complex technical solutions. Thus, you will not be directly responsible for closing deals but will with your expertise support both colleagues and customers with an in-depth understanding of ships, propulsion engines, auxiliaries and propeller systems. This expertise will also enable you to translate the customers’ demands into tangible suggestions for new developments to the design and R&D team.
Your main focus will be to:
- Understand our customers’ needs and wishes and advise on the best products and solutions
- Provide the design and R&D team with suggestions and feedback on our customers’ needs
- Assist and train colleagues across our worldwide organisation with technical and commercial information about our products and their optimal configuration and application
- Carry out customer seminars, events and meetings, primarily in Copenhagen or other Danish cities
- Collect and provide technical content for our marketing department – including helping them understand our technology
As one of our foremost technical experts and advisors, you are able to explain complex technology clearly to different colleagues and customers. Moreover, you can quickly comprehend our business at both a technical and commercial level. Finally, you:
- Hold a degree in naval architecture, mechanical engineering, marine engineering or similar
- Have 5+ years’ experience in the marine industry
- Have relevant experience as e.g. a design engineer in a maritime design organisation, a new building manager, a shipbuilding consultant or a technical manager
- Are fluent in English in both speech and writing
Your new team
At our office in Copenhagen, you will get knowledgeable and experienced colleagues who enjoy collaborating and exchanging knowledge and, most importantly, share a passion for engineering and technology.
MAN in Copenhagen
We’re approx. 1,400 colleagues at the Danish headquarters, located next to the water in the area of Sydhavn (South Harbour) in Copenhagen. You’ll find our R&D centre here, full of top-class technical capabilities for the development of innovative engines for ships and power plants across the globe.
In the field of two-stroke engines, we’re the world’s leading knowledge center by far. We also have our largest after-sales service centre (PrimeServ) here in Copenhagen as well as our large IT department and a wide range of staff functions.
MAN of course offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, including:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Corporate massage scheme
- A good canteen
- A wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility, so your work and home life can fit together
Application and contact
Apply for the job by clicking ‘Ansøg’ and attach an application letter, a CV and relevant documents. The application deadline is Monday 20 April 2020. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period.
If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Head of Promotion & Customer Support Thomas S. Hansen on +45 3385 1723.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder