Experienced Vice President of Technology - required
If you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful and highly-innovative robot company, with an international profile, here's an interesting oppo
If you want to be part of a fast-growing, successful and highly-innovative robot company, with an international profile, here's an interesting opportunity to create a career together with robots and humans.
In Blue Ocean Robotics, we develop and commercialize robots. We do this in partnerships called RoBi-X. In this partnership, Blue Ocean Robotics takes the lead around the robot technology, the design, and development of the robots, while our partners lead the production and global marketing of the robots. Our partners are typically strong international partners with established access to relevant markets. Known examples of RoBi-X partners for Blue Ocean Robotics are; Nilfisk, Sund & Bælt and Mærsk Drilling. We have gathered more than 20 RoBi-X partnerships.
We are proud of developing tomorrow's robotic solutions, which can create value and meaning for people. We are interested in bringing you on board as Vice President, responsible for our technological development. With technological development, we do not mean the development of the robots, but instead the development of the tools and technological building blocks needed to develop the robots. Including preparing access to the technologies via research and development projects, collaborate with researchers and high-tech companies etc..
The ideal candidate
- You have a world class insight into the robotics field.
- You have a solid knowledge of who develops the technology and where technology is going. Likewise, you have strong feelings about what to expect in the robot industry and where technology is moving within a 1, 5, 10 year horizon ...
- You have a great robot overview and insight as well as international contacts and networks.
- You are able to engage in dialogue with big and small high-tech companies, research groups, etc. about a potential partnership.
- You have a strong background from robotics, system engineering or corresponding relevant field of study.
- You have a Master or Ph.D. degree in robotics or related areas.
- You have a shorter or longer academic career behind you.
- You have professional experience of a certain extent.
- You are systematic and structured while at the same time, have the ability to "think out of the box" when necessary in relation to idea creation.
- You have clear leadership skills, where you have experience in personel management, such as: coaching and being able to "lead through leaders".
- You are strong in cross-organizational cooperation.
- You have experience with how to work with technology and innovation. You understand how we come from research and science to products, market and business.
As responsible for our technology development you must ensure the implementation of our RoBi Roadmap and RoBi Design.
- You are responsible for identifying the new robot technologies coming up and strategically putting these into play in relation to relevant industries and applications, right down to specific applications.
- In cooperation with your employees, you are responsible for developing new ideas for robot concepts that, within specific applications, can lead to good business opportunities and good business cases.
- You are responsible for doing fundraising and implementing research and development projects (R&D)
- You must be able to create agreements with TP-X partners and RoBi-Xpert freelance experts.
- You will be at the forefront of our technological development, focusing on seeing new and groundbreaking development opportunities in the robot industry in the interaction with strong international players in the market, whose challenges are transformed into innovative robotic solutions in collaboration with Blue Ocean Robotics.
What we offer
Blue Ocean Robotics is a visionary company with an untraditional and strong business model based on exclusive and strategic partnerships between major industrial companies and Blue Ocean Robotics. We have a solid long-term goal, we believe in ourselves, we have a strong will to achieve success, we are profitable and we have great faith in our own abilities. We get recognition and are positively confirmed in the market and from our partners. We have a solid value proposition to offer - both for our partners, our partners' customers, our employees and for our role in society at all - and for our owners.
However, we are also constantly challenged; We are a young company in the growing age who has a lot to learn and yet to develop. Our organization changes frequently with related pressures on employees, processes, tools and so on. Markets and specific technologies develop unpredictably and require us to act resolutely. The demands of our deliveries on quality, productivity and costs are rising steadily. And now we are in a transition phase where we go from having more strings in our business model to now only have one strand centered on RoBi-X altogether.
We simply need you to see yourself taking part in such a young business and being part of creating the robotic solutions and developing the business.
In Blue Ocean Robotics we have an international working environment. Right now we have 27 different nationalities and represent almost all of the world's religions. We all want to develop the best and most successful robots for the global market. We are fast-paced, dynamic and have a flexible organization. We have monthly social events, lunch arrangements and there are also PCs and mobile phone available.
We respect each other and our differences. We take pride in integrating international colleagues in cooperation with Odense Robotics and International Community Odense.
This position is at our headquarters in Odense / Denmark, where we would like to welcome you.
Want to know more about Blue Ocean Robotics please visit our website: www.blue-ocean-robotics.com. You can also follow us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.
Please note that we only receive applications via upload of documents on our website.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder