Are you an experienced Software Architect with good people skills and a solid understanding of modern software technology, and can you set direction and drive change? If the answer is yes, then you really should read this.
Your primary role as our future Software Architect will be to define, maintain and communicate the desired state of our software architecture. You will do this with inputs from Systems Engineering, our R&D software teams and other skilled colleagues.
In doing your work, you will pave the way for achieving some of our ambitious goals:
- With an ambitious product roadmap that is going to set new standards for what a collaborative robot can do, it is important that we develop our software architecture in a direction that supports the future that we want to make reality.
- With a rapidly growing and increasingly global R&D organization, it is becoming increasingly important that we can scale our development efforts
- With our UR+ partner program, it is our ambition to maintain and further develop our robot as an open platform, that allows independent third parties to contribute software plugins that make our robots easy to integrate, program and operate in a wide range of applications
Join an international team of brilliant R&D colleagues
As Software Architect with reference to the VP of R&D, you will become part of a strong, ambitious international R&D department with offices in Odense (DK) and Boston (US). Your main association will be with our small R&D Systems Engineering team responsible for high-level product architecture and product requirements. The team is composed of experienced engineers that collectively have a deep technical understanding of all aspects of our products, including our software architecture, robot control, mechanical design and robot safety.
Qualification, Experience, Skills & Educational background
Your most important qualification is to have the experience it takes to define, maintain and communicate the right direction for our software architecture. While we expect you be someone that can effectively figure out what should be done, we do not expect you to do it alone, but rather in collaboration with our R&D teams and relevant stakeholders. We expect that you are good at listening, but we also expect you to challenge us with difficult questions, that can help us make better choices.
We are looking for a colleague who comes with:
- More than 3 years of experience as architect for several teams and/or main architectural contributor on big software systems. Perhaps as Chief Architect or similar
- Experience in maintaining open software platforms, plugin systems or similar systems providing API to independent third parties. E.g. OSGi or similar
- Understanding of system integration patterns using messaging systems, microservices or similar
- Knowledge of how to build software and the automated building processes in large software projects
- Understanding of the importance of high-quality code to support scalability and early feedback
- Experience in defining a vision for the future state of the software architecture and the skills to facilitate how to get there
- The relevant knowledge to support our engineers and teams to improve code and architecture in their daily work
- Great respect from former colleagues and stakeholders. Combined with the ability to motivate and gain followership
- The overview and technical knowledge to compare and choose among software architecture decisions that are relevant in modern web applications
Experience with any specific technology is not mandatory, but we expect that you are open to all technologies.
It will be a plus if you are strong in:
- JAVA, C++, C#, Python, TypeScript
- Cloud technologies, i.e. Azure, AWS or similar.
- CI/CD and the DevOps way of thinking
Join Universal Robots
At Universal Robots, we ask a lot from our employees, but in exchange we offer an exciting job in a dynamic and fast-growing company with the opportunity of working alongside skilled and talented colleagues.
We have a flat hierarchy and flexible working hours.
You will receive an attractive salary and pension scheme, and relocation assistance is available if needed. You will be given a great deal of responsibility. We trust our employees to make educated decisions that benefit Universal Robots. Together, we are finding innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today.
Join us as a Software Architect and be a part of our future journey.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.