We offer the opportunity for talented candidates to join our Algorithm & Sound team at Widex Global Research and Development. With focus on audio signal processing and digital communication, this dynamic and cross-functional team develops Widex’ future features and functionality that help millions of hearing impaired people worldwide.
Our signal processing solutions are developed in-house, and you will work with our IC designers and embedded software developers to implement algorithms in our custom-made ASICs. Thereby, your work in the Algorithm & Sound team covers all stages of development from research to implementation and testing.
Widex hearing aids are renowned for their quality and their persistent emphasis on delivering clear and natural sound but also for pushing the envelope and bringing new innovations to the market.
You will be part of one of our cross-functional development clans following Agile/Scrum work principles, meaning that you can expect a highly collaborative and dynamic work life. Your primary goal will be to develop, test and refine signal processing solutions for our future generations of advanced hearing aids.
Your daily tasks include:
- Invention, proof-of-concept and prototyping of cutting edge signal processing algorithms and features for integration in hearing aids or in connected devices (such as smartphones)
- Specification, fixed-point implementation and testing of algorithms on real-time simulation systems
- Breaking down complex tasks and planning your daily work with the team
- Understanding user needs and exploring the challenges of hearing-aid users
Depending on qualifications, you may also be assigned a specific expertise area, in which you must absorb state-of-the-art knowledge from surrounding fields and convert them into Widex technologies and systems.
You are driven by curiosity in the search for the best solutions for people who are challenged in acoustic communication due to hearing impairment. You can exemplify successes within your area of expertise, preferably in relation to product development. You work comfortably and efficiently in teams, towards a common goal. You are creative when facing complex problems.
- M.Sc., Ph.D. or equivalent within the fields of digital signal processing, audio processing, control theory and/or machine learning
- At least 3 years of experience within digital signal processing
- Strong analytical mindset with a proven ability to build real-world solutions
- Proficiency in Matlab and C/C++. Skills in Python is desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Desired qualifications within:
- Adaptive systems and stochastic signal processing
- Hardware design, assessment and reduction of computational complexity
- Data analysis, parameter estimation, optimization and machine learning
- Acoustics and psychoacoustics
- Numerical implementation techniques of complex solutions
Please submit your application as soon as possible, but no later than October 30, 2018. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact us via e-mail: Morten Løve Jepsen (email@example.com) or Adam Westermann (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder