Experienced power system stability analyst with focus on energy island design
We are looking for an experienced power system stability analyst with focus on energy island design
The Danish power system is undergoing significant technical changes. The green power system of the future will be significantly more complex and behave in a very different way compared to today. Energy production is taken over by technologies such as wind and solar, and in addition to this, an increasing number of HVDC-based inter-connectors are established. Most recently, as part of the green transition, it has been decided that Denmark will realise two energy islands. Energinet is as the Danish system operator facilitating the green transition and it is a primary task of ours to ensure that the Danish power system can be operated in a stable manner, today and in the future
Directly linked to the green transition
As Power System Stability Analyst in the Department Grid Analysis, you will contribute directly to the foundation of the green transition. You play an important role in the organisation, where you will be responsible for Energinet’s system stability- and power quality analyses. You will ensure that analysis results are communicated in the right manner so they can be used directly as design specifications for power system operation, project design, and policy making.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Undertake power system stability assessment using various analytical tools including phasor-based and electromagnetic transient tools suited for inverter-dominated power system
- Grid integration studies and participation in grid connection groups with customers for HVDC, solar, wind, data centres and PtX-plant projects
- Specifying, performance verification and implementation of a range of different types of simulation models (RMS/EMT/SC etc)
- Contribute to the electrical system design of Denmark’s future energy islands
- Participate in HVDC projects including drafting of functional requirements for control and protection systems
- Contribute to the continuous development of Energinet’s stability assessment tools ranging from off-line desktop methods to future online methods in our control centre
- Provide coaching and training to others.
You can look forward to an exciting job with great responsibility, variety, and complexity. You will work closely with 15 highly specialized colleagues and you will be at the centre of the decision-making to ensure the stability of the future green power system.
Power system stability analyst
You hold a master’s degree within Power System or Power Electronic engineering, combined with minimum 4-5 years of work experience – either from a consultant company, from the wind or solar industry or a TSO. You are specialized in simulation-based analysis and have experience within modelling of power electronic interfaced plants. You have well-developed competencies within the use of DIgSILENT PowerFactory and PSCAD and programming skills, e.g., using Python.
It is important that you like to work with advanced theory and are equipped with solid analytical skills and a well-developed critical sense. You work systematically, take responsibility, have personal impact, and can work with limited to no supervision. You are good at collaborating with different professional groups and at communicating complex issues in a clear and easy-to-understand language. You speak and write English fluently.
Application and Contact
Send your application with CV and other relevant appendices via the link. We will conduct interviews continuously, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the job, you are welcome to contact Head of department, Christian Flytkjær, on telephone 0045 30 67 46 88. You can read more about our company at www.energinet.dk.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.