What we offer
A position as Mechanical Design Engineer in a highly dedicated team of experienced multi-disciplined engineers covering all aspects of hearing aid development. The team is a part of the Hearing Aid Development Unit of the Global R&D at Widex HQ.
Our department works with the latest technology in CAD, simulation and prototyping, including PTC Creo, Moldex3D eDesign, Ansys DesignSpace, 3D printers, etc. We place a high priority on professional skills and provide the possibility of individual specialization and supplementary training through specialist groups.
As Mechanical Design Engineer you have the responsibility for the mechanical parts of the next generation hearing aids. You will be a part of the development process from the very early phases where you’ll conduct feasibility studies and define the product specifications to designing and maturing the solution and finally verifying the design.
As a mechanical design engineer your main tasks will be:
- Specification and documentation according to internal guidelines
- Conceptual design of new products
- Detailed part design using PTC Creo and Windchill
- Design for manufacturing including simulation of injection molding processes in collaboration with internal specialists
- Specification and coordination of mechanical and environmental product tests
- Prototype builds for design verification and production preparation
- Collaboration with Operations for tool development and production release
We expect you to:
- Be positive and open-minded
- Have a passion for mechanical design, and strive to deliver high quality solutions within the defined project deadlines
- Have a good, solid education as a mechanical engineer or plastics engineer, preferably with a practical skills background
- Have +5 years of experience with development of small plastic, metal and rubber parts
- Be a super-user of 3D CAD programs (preferably PTC Creo)
- Enjoy working with product development from the initial phases to final handover to production
- Be able to achieve good results on the basis of both theory and practice
- Be able to work closely together with other disciplines and departments
Would you like a job where you can leave your mark on the next generation of Hearing Aids and take pride in knowing that your effort will help people with hearing difficulties? Then we would like to meet you.
Please submit your application as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis. If you require further information about this position, please contact: Brian Lomholt Jensen, Director RIC & EW Stream via email: email@example.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder