Experienced EU funding advisors for the research support unit
Are you an experienced EU Funding specialist with in-depth knowledge of what it takes to succeed with applications for European research and innovation programmes? Can you give advice to our researchers on all aspects of external funding in their efforts to attract EU grants? Then you are our future colleague!
We are looking for one or more colleagues to join our funding team in the research support unit “TEK Innovation” providing a core and high-level research support function, by assisting researchers with writing, preparation and submission of winning project proposals. The positions are special consultant positions located at the Faculty of Engineering in Odense.
As experienced EU funding advisor you will manage and coordinate the grant application and pre-award process including: identifying potential new funding sources, developing funding resources, preparing proposals and grant applications, writing and editing grants, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on grant applications.
The tasks are to:
- Support researchers during the EU application process, in preparing, writing, editing and reviewing high quality-assured applications
- Assist researchers in preparing budgets for EU applications
- Seek new avenues for funding and new grant opportunities
- Obtain and provide information and matchmaking colleagues to upcoming EU calls for proposals
- Contribute to the development of new concepts and methods such as workshops and training sessions to strengthen and developing the researcher’s skills in applying for EU grants
- A relevant academic degree at masters or PhD level
- Solid and proven experience with EU grant applications, including the development and quality assurance of the proposals
- Background knowledge of the European funding landscape, European research policy and research programmes
- Research experience and understanding of the researcher's working conditions
- Ability to plan, structure and coordinate efforts
- Fluent in English speech and writing, with strong communication skills
You must be able to collaborate with different professional groups and have straight forward access to communicating with researchers, partners both internally and externally in the organization.
You will be part of an exciting interdisciplinary research and innovation environment with opportunities for personal and professional development as well as exciting, independent and varied tasks. You will also work with local, regional, national and international partners which provide a large network and opportunity for knowledge sharing with various types of organizations and disciplines.
You will become part of TEK Innovation, which is the faculty's research support and innovation unit. We assist the scientific environments in creating and running externally funded research and innovation projects, building bridges with the outside world through collaboration, and supporting the strategic development of the faculty. We are a department with 16 employees, and we emphasize knowledge sharing and helping each other with the tasks.
The Faculty of Engineering is located in architecturally exciting and modern environments in Odense and Sønderborg - with a strong international touch for both students and staff. We have five departments, approx. 600 employees and approx. 3.500 students, located in Odense and Sønderborg. Read more about the faculty here.
Salary and conditions of employment
Employment is made as a special consultant in accordance with the current agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC, Circular on collective agreement for Academics in the State. Depending on qualifications, there will be the possibility of negotiating allowances.
Application and contact
If you would like more information about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Department Søren Elmer Kristensen on mobile: 2440 8522 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
Application deadline: 3 May 2021. With interviews the 10/05/2021 and 11/05/2021.
1st round interviews by telecom are an option for candidates not based in Denmark.
For the interview, a time may also be set aside for an English test.
Recruitment: As soon as possible.
The application must contain:
- Cover letter
- Copy of diplomas
- Recommendations and presentation of other qualifications relevant to the position
The application must be sent electronically via the link "Apply". Attachments must be in Adobe PDF. Each field in the application form can contain only one file of max. 10 Mb. Instructions for application can be found How to apply for a position at SDU.
The University of Southern Denmark wishes to reflect the surrounding society and therefore encourages everyone, regardless of their personal background, to apply for the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.