Experienced and solution oriented wastewater engineer - global position in Paris
We are looking for experienced and skillful colleague, who will join our team in the office of SUEZ Treatment Infrastructures in Rueil-Malmaison (Paris).
The position is on fixed terms and requires permanent accommodation in France.
Travel for this job will be within France and internationally, representing approximately 10-20% of the time.
The Technology Development engineer will work in the Technical and Innovation Department within the Design Build & Operate (DBO) Division.
The main activities and missions for this position are:
- Innovation: Design, test, evaluate and industrialize new and future leading edge technologies for wastewater treatment. Develop intellectual property to protect and better differentiate these technologies and products. Participate in the design of these technologies for projects and provide technical assistance for their commissioning and operation. Participate in the production of the technical and marketing documentation for these technologies. Train the technical, marketing and sales teams in the application of these technologies. Promote these technologies in conferences, seminars, and through meetings with consulting engineers, and potential clients.
- Technology Watch: Participate in detecting, evaluating and documenting new technologies.
- Proposals & Contracts: Participate in the design and optimization of wastewater treatment lines. Verify the process sizing, process documents and guarantees for the treatment performance and effluent quality. Analyze the technical risks for proposals and contracts. Carry-out water studies and pilot tests. Provide technical assistance during commissioning and operations.
- Knowledge Management: Develop and maintain modelling and sizing tools. Contribute to our internal REX program, and Knowledge Management system. Develop and provide internal technical training classes.
The development engineer will work with many internal departments and divisions (innovation, proposals, engineering, project management, sales & marketing, etc…) and with multiple external entities (clients, operators, consulting engineers, suppliers, academic institutions, etc…).
Required experience & skills
Minimum of 5-10 years working experience in the field of water or wastewater treatment required. Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Civil or Chemical Engineering a minimum; Master’s and PhD a plus.
Looking for someone with the following experience and knowledge:
- Biology, chemistry, and hydraulics applied in wastewater treatment.
- Process modelling, and design and sizing software.
- The design, development, and industrialization of technologies applied in wastewater treatment.
- Development of pilot studies, their testing protocols, and interpretation and extrapolation of their results.
- Practical “hands-on” experience with the technologies, and equipment used in wastewater treatment.
- “On-site” experience with commissioning or operations at wastewater treatment plants, or with the technical assistance for these activities.
- Communication skills for oral presentations (conferences, seminars) and technical training (operators, engineers).
- Language skills: fluent in English.
We work on behalf of the French team looking for the employee globally. Do not hesitate to contact us for further information and details.
If you are interested, send your CV via the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder