Do you enjoy developing solutions that have a big impact on decarbonization?
If you can answer these questions with "yes", then you are exactly right with us: because we are looking for a dedicated colleague with the right attitude and also the right experience innovating with data modelling and analytics to support our Group Digital team.
What are you going to do?
We at MAN Energy Solutions are working to deliver industry-leading digital solutions in support of profitable growth for our end customers, our operators, our licensees and for MAN ES. Data design and metadata management is a key component of the platform, to ensure understanding of the data as well reusability. The ETL Data Solutions Engineer will be accountable to design, build and deploy robust, scalable database and data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) solutions for our Digital platform.
The opportunity as ETL Data Solutions Engineer is key to the success of our Digital Strategy. You will be:
- Understand and evaluate business requirements and translate them into specific database solutions
- Document data models for domains to be deployed in the digital platform including a logical data model, candidate source lists, and canonical formats.
- Develop data ingestion store specifications identifying source systems and the tables and fields to ingest.
- Develop data object specifications including data store technology factors, data object DDLs, and tests.
- Develop data object pipeline specifications including detailed field level mapping, business rules, data quality rules, etc.
Who are you?
We are looking for a colleague who is keen on working in teams, exchanging ideas and developing collaboration with others. This combined with your curious nature, ensures that you keep investigating new ways of solving problems – to the benefit of both your own professional development, but also that of your colleagues.
When you are met with challenges – and we cannot promise that you won’t – your persistency and optimism enable you to keep trying until you succeed.
On a more professional (and technical) level, we imagine that you have professional experience in:
- Extract, Transformation, Load (ETL) development skills
- Strong ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing, integrating non-technical terms with management, end users, including our customers for information and reporting delivery solutions
- Strong understanding of data governance, metadata management, data quality, data modeling, and data architecture concepts
- Understanding of information management concepts such as controlled vocabularies, authority control, data modeling, and schema design.
- Good organizational skills and an aptitude for complex analytical and detailed work; ability to prioritize among multiple concurrent projects to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present and share ideas effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
- Experience with data profiling tools, metadata managers and with data cataloging tools
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end data lifecycle across traditional data warehouses, relational databases, operational data stores, business intelligence reporting and big data analytics.
- Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline or equivalent experience.
How is your new team?
We work in agile, non-hierarchical structures on applications and data-driven solutions used across the globe. Solutions that make a big impact on decarbonization. We are building a new team in Copenhagen. The new team will work closely with domain experts, for example, in our PrimeServ and Engineering in Copenhagen and existing teams across our locations. The team will take concepts that can start with a customer problem and end with products and services. When customers see them, they should immediately know that they are what they want. The team will welcome your creative mind, your collaboration, your willingness to share your knowledge, to ask good questions, to challenge assumptions, to embrace new ways of working and your persistence to deliver.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
- Space for participation: Share your ideas with us! In return, we will give you the space necessary to grow creatively
- Flexibility: Working occasionally from home or need some help while relocating? If we fit together, we make many things possible
- Continuous learning: Constantly broaden your horizons! Be it at our Open Spaces, at workshops, conferences or at our meetups and events, or by learning from failure
- Streamlined onboarding: Your colleagues will introduce you to everything you need to know and will be available to answer your questions
- Feel-good atmosphere: This includes a state-of-the-art working environment, great food, high-end IT equipment and great colleagues
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents.
The application deadline is Sunday 8th August 2021. We will conduct interviews during the application period.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.