Do you want to play an essential role in Palsgaard’s 2025 ESG/CSR strategy? Are you dedicated to working with sustainability practices and ensuring solid data consolidation? Do you have a business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills? If yes, you should apply for this challenging position as ESG Senior Specialist at Palsgaard.
In this role, you will be working across many functions and with many stakeholders globally to ensure that we focus on the right priorities, meet our commitment to standards, and reach our goals.
Most importantly, you will play a central role in communicating, gathering, and consolidating data across our organisation efficiently – with a particular focus on CO2 neutrality. Therefore, it is vital that you have a good understanding of the latest technologies within our industry and the global ESG agenda and understand how to make it all come into play.
“2021 is the first year of our new strategy period and the next step in Palsgaard’s ambitious ESG development - this is a great chance to set your mark on Palsgaard’s future ESG profile globally.”, says Helle Skjold, Global QEHS Director.
You will be part of the global QEHS-team consisting of 8 committed colleagues working from our headquarter in Juelsminde (DK), and you will report directly to our Global QEHS Director, Helle Skjold.
ESG responsibilities globally:
- You are the tactical lead across Palsgaard ensuring the roll out of our strategy 2025.
- You motivate and inspire internal stakeholders to support goals and share relevant stories.
- You administer and consolidate ESG data, especially CO2 calculations and documentation.
- You systematize and improve data collection and validation to make sure we are up to date.
- You prepare our annual report in accordance with agreed practice (UNGC, GRI, legislation etc.).
- You coordinate annual reporting and other communication activities in close cooperation with Marketing.
- You facilitate and anchor SMETA and RSPO audits and support other QEHS audits.
- You respond to customer questionnaires and other QEHS relevant questions.
- You work closely with your QEHS colleagues to ensure synergies across the ESG and QEHS activities, which you will also be involved in.
Palsgaard’s key focus areas also include social and governance activities such as human rights, anti-corruption and bribery, responsible sourcing, and ensuring that our CSR policies come to life. These focus areas are owned by different departments, which you will be cooperating with to ensure compliance.
What do you need to apply?
You hold a Master of Science (MSc) in either chemistry, environment, food or similar - ideally combined with experience from the food/oil industry. You have at least + 3 years of experience in managing ESG/CSR- strategy roll out and sustainability related issues and are eager to learn more within the area.
It is vital that you have a proactive, structured, and systematic way of working as you will be the single point of contact in relation to reporting and consolidation of data. Thus, good IT skills, including reporting tools and project management skills, is a great advantage as well as the ability to prioritize your work and effectively manage multiple tasks at the same time.
Furthermore, you have an inclusive way of thinking and are good at building strong relationships across countries and functions making your colleagues understand the importance of ESG-reporting. As you will be our expert within ESG, it is vital that you are up to date on the most recent trends and guidelines to support your arguments and guide management and colleagues around the world. You follow the development of legislation, standards, and guidelines and ensure appropriate implementation in the strategy.
You have excellent communication skills in English and Danish.
What do we offer you?
- A job in a market leading company with high ESG standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job with unique working conditions, including one extra week of holiday (7th week), health insurance, and possibilities for further career development etc.
- A job with profit sharing through an extra pension scheme.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible and 15 August at the latest. We process applications on a continuous basis. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Helle Skjold, tel.: +45 4064 0161.
Palsgaard is a worldwide leader in providing advanced plant-based emulsifier solutions to the food and packaging industries. We invented the first food emulsifier over 100 years ago, and today, our products are sold in more than 120 countries either via our own sales offices or through an extensive network of agents and distributors.
We are proud to be the first company in the industry to reach CO2-neutral production, and all our emulsifier and stabilizer solutions are now manufactured in CO2-neutral factories globally.
Worldwide we are 600 Heart Working colleagues across 17 countries.
Palsgaard is a subsidiary of The Schou Foundation, which owns a group of companies whose corporate culture is unique and strongly affected by a long history. Physically, our culture is centred around the majestic Palsgaard Estate in its beautiful natural surroundings, which is home to our headquarters.
If you want to learn more about Palsgaard, please visit our website: www.palsgaard.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.