EPC Director for offshore wind projects in the US and EU
Would you like to manage one of the most ambitious offshore wind farm projects in the world?
Join us and become EPC Director in our EPC Directors department where you’ll be responsible for leading one of our offshore wind farm projects together with the Programme Director. The EPC Directors department manages the execution of offshore wind farm projects in our Offshore business unit, from early maturation stages through wind farm construction until transfer to operations.
You’ll either be permanently based at one of our offices in Europe or should be willing and able to undertake an expatriation assignment to the US East Coast (exact state/location to be confirmed) for the duration of the offshore wind farm project.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage the project scope, schedule, cost and resources within your project
- secure the quality of deliverables from teams within your project
- ensure an excellent HSE performance for your project
- manage project risk
- manage project stakeholders.
Moreover, you’ll have the overall responsibility for the entire scope of the offshore wind farm turnkey project and project management supporting activities.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering as well as a solid technical understanding of and relevant experience from the offshore industry
- have experience from a similar position as EPC Director and have gained hands-on experience with all phases of the execution and construction of large CAPEX projects
- have in-depth knowledge of international project management standards such as PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2, as well as experience with stage-gate divided project execution
- have significant leadership and team management experience from large, complex infrastructure projects, preferably from a strong matrix organisation, have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influences business performance
- speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment and cooperate closely with our colleagues globally.
Furthermore, you’re a strong leader of leaders and capable of supporting and developing your team as well as a strong communicator, excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way. You’re capable of managing change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better. Moreover, you have the ability to see the bigger picture at all times, yet you understand the importance of minding the details. You can handle numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective, and you thrive in a job in a hectic, multi-cultural project organisation.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 13 January 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Thomsen, Vice President of EPC & Construction Management by email on EPC_and_Constr_Mgmt@orsted.dk, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.