Enthusiastic Developer for Energy Data Platform
We offer an amazing mix of forefront digital technologies and green transition within the energy sector. Do you want to take technical lead in the development of a national digital platform supporting data driven solutions for the benefit of the environment? Then continue reading!
Our vision is to accelerate the green transition towards 100 % renewable energy in DK through digitalization and sector coupling and thereby unlock flexibilities at all levels across energy systems!
A shift in paradigm
We are facing a need for Big Data in real-time to develop data driven solutions that can optimize and control energy consumption across electricity, district heating and water systems – so called sector coupling. For instance, by forecasting when to turn on heat-pumps for district heating, when to start and stop wastewater treatment, or when to charge electric vehicles and cut off freezers etc.
Not only will initiatives like this ensure that consumption of electricity can be moved towards times where the production is based on renewables and fossil energy is minimized, it will also make the grid more resilient during the ongoing electrification across systems through so called Peak Shaving and Demand Response systems.
We need you on the team to:
Center Denmark is responsible of providing a digital infrastructure for setting data free in a Trusted Data Sharing Platform for the green transition in the energy sector. And we need you and your developer peer to:
- Make architectural decisions and scout for the best technologies to use with a perspective on how the Trusted Data Sharing Platform will create most value for our users and partners
- Keep our digital infrastructure fit for deploying coming generations of the Data Lake, e.g., preparing for scaling, and perform system integration between services within and with the data lake for smooth and secure operation
- Full-Stack Development of our own software that connects all the layers from digital tools and datasets, a developer environment (Sandbox Environment) and front-end interface that e.g. can deliver user administration and functionality for giving consent to the use of data etc.
- Maintain and run the Trusted Data Sharing Platform in production
It would be great if you have some of these qualifications
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Software Development, or related
- You can have several years of experience or maybe you are newly graduated. The most important is your technical skillsets, your personality, and your capability and motivation to acquire new competences and technologies
- You have comprehensive knowledge of digital infrastructure and data management systems
- You are experienced within the Apache Hadoop stack
- You have good knowledge of Linux Systems Administrations (Redhat, CentOs)
- Experienced in Docker based systems and comfortable managing Unix systems via SSH
- You have experience within CI/CD and use GIT for Source Control Management
- You have knowledge about scripting in e.g., Python, R or similar
- You have knowledge of data engineering and ETL-tools
- You may have knowledge of IoT and collection of sensor data and hardware-in-the-loop processes.
- Good communication skills in both Danish and English
We offer you
Your workplace will be in the Digital Energy Hub in Fredericia where we are living side by side with other companies working within digital energy systems and organizations like Energy Cluster Denmark, Danish Technical University, South Danish University and Aalborg University.
The address is Vendersgade 74, 7000 Fredericia.
Learn more about the position
This is a short version of the job ad. Find detailed job description here: https://www.centerdenmark.com/en/join-us/career/enthusiastic-developer-f...
Click the blue apply button! We look very much forward to get to know you, and value a thorough and proper process to make sure this will be the dream job for our new working peers. And if you have a competent working buddy, we urge you to share and recommend. We need two developers, so who knows, maybe both of you will onboard.
Deadline for applying is 10th of January.
If you have any questions in relation to the position, you can call Sara Nielsen, Recruitment Consultant at Jobfinder, on phone +45 28 59 78 00. You are also more than welcome to contact director of Center Denmark Søren Skov Bording on +45 23 40 86 12.
We treat all applications equally and urge everyone to apply regardless of nationality, cultural background, gender and age.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
About Center Denmark
Center Denmark provides a Trusted Data Sharing Platform with focus on data intelligence and integrated energy systems for Identification and utilization of flexibilities on demand side across energy systems.
The members of Center Denmark’s Board of Directors are Associate Dean at Aalborg University Jakob Stoustrup, Associate Dean at Aarhus University Brian Vinter, Chief Consultant SDU Niels Langvad, Director of digitalization at Energinet Nicolaj Peulicke, CEO of Thorsen Invest Henrik Thorsen, CTO of HOFOR Bjarne Korshøj, CEO of Aalborg Forsyning Søren Gais Kjeldsen, Professor at DTU Henrik Madsen (deputy chairman) and CEO of EWII Lars Bonderup Bjørn (chairman).
For more information, visit www.centerdenmark.com