Engineering Manager for Support Structure
In Siemens we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious, initiating and innovative employees with strong professional competencies
In Siemens we are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, curious, initiating and innovative employees with strong professional competencies, who want to make a difference for the environment and the world we live in.
Do you want to join?
For our Support Structure Department in Offshore Engineering, we are looking for a new Engineering Manager.
The Support Structure area includes the departments for Loads, Primary Structures Design (for tower and foundations) and Secondary Structures Design (for tower and foundation). The department works with project specific designs for Offshore wind farms all over the world and enable optimizations, new solutions and efficient project execution within this area.
We aim for "fire prevention" rather than "fire fighting" and build our business on professional project management skills combined with high technical competencies and strong leadership.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Support Structure Engineering Manager, you are responsible for managing the tower and foundation activities in the turbine package. In addition you will utilize your own engineering skills and take part in design activities within the project. You will be involved with back office as well as front line activities finding solutions together with the customers technical experts.
More specifically, your assignments will cover:
- Delivering high quality engineering projects on agreed time and budget
- Coordinating and managing deliverables from lead engineers and specialists in the projects
- Interdisciplinary communication between the other Engineering Managers in the projects, i.e. Rotor/Nacelle, Software & SCADA, Electrical Systems and Fabrication
- Ensuring good hand-over of design to manufacturing and installation
- Time planning and coordination of engineering activities in the projects
- Resourcing allocation within the support structure group in cooperation with line management
- Managing technical interfaces within the support structure project and towards engineering sub-contractors
- Proactively approaching knowledge sharing by reporting lessons learned back to the line organization to ensure continuous improvement of products and processes
- Third party certification of relevant deliverables
- Ensuring project execution in compliance with Siemens Wind Power quality procedures
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc degree in structural, mechanical or offshore engineering preferably combined with +5 years of relevant experience from design or engineering management within the wind power industry
- Experience from executing commercial scale offshore wind projects as e.g. engineering manager or lead engineer within loads or structural design
- Experience with managing many different stakeholders and interfaces (internally as well as externally) and succeeding in delivering technically scoped projects
- As a person you are positive, proactive, motivating and self-determined. You take responsibility for your work and you possess strong analytical, coordination and collaboration skills
- You are able to work in an international environment and possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
- You love the fun and the challenge in the race of building some of the largest offshore wind farms in the world
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
You can choose your base location from any of the department’s locations in the Siemens offices in Vejle (Denmark), Ballerup (Denmark), Den Haag (The Netherlands) or Hamburg (Germany). However depending on your project some work related travelling should be expected, to meet up with clients, sub-contractors or other project team members.
By joining Siemens Wind Power you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
What else do I need to know?
At Siemens we have strong traditions for innovation of electronics and technique. For more than 160 years, we have developed and delivered products, solutions and services, which have contributed to shape the future. The solutions include innovative and sustainable technologies for industry, energy, health care, and infrastructure and cities.
Siemens has app. 360,000 employees worldwide of which 30,100 are employed within research and development internally as well as in collaboration with universities. Every year we make 8,000 new inventions.
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 14.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For specific information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Stine Rasmussen via phone +45 3037 4554.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder