Would you like to play a key role in our WTG foundation projects for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become an Engineering Manager in the Engineering and Fabrication Management department where you will manage the design process - from feasibility and concept studies to detail design and follow-up on fabrication and installation.
Engineering and Fabrication Management is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- ensure state-of-the-art design of turbine foundations with continuous focus on technology development, and development of solutions supporting safe and efficient operation and maintenance
- facilitate cooperation with third-party certifying agencies to obtain statement of conformity on structural integrity
- report all significant technical issues to the project management, particularly risks, and develop contingency plans
- participate in first article inspections of the structural components at the fabrication workshop
- report lessons learnt to the Engineering Management department.
You will be responsible for the structural design and interface management of foundation projects, and you will manage and coordinate work between multi-functional teams working with the projects. Your main task will be to deliver complete project documentation for fabrication of foundation structures, including calculations, drawings and specification.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a degree in structural engineering and preferably have extensive experience in offshore engineering combined with offshore design management or project management
- have design experience with both monopile foundations and jacket foundations is also beneficial
- speak and write English fluently
- have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey the essence of complex technical information to your stakeholders
- have a result-oriented approach to your work
- have team spirit and the ability to produce excellent results through teamwork
- enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
A unique and challenging job where you have excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and pursue a career in a large international organisation. You will be joining a dynamic team with competent colleagues who value knowledge sharing and initiatives.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Per Buur-Mouridsen, Team Lead for Engineering Managers on telephone +45 9951 6302 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than12 November 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder