Engineering Manager for offshore wind turbine foundations
Would you like to play a key role in our WTG foundation projects for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Engineering Manager in the Structural Engineering department where you’ll lead a foundation design team and manage the design process, developing either new innovative solutions for our wind farms, new offshore wind projects or improving our wind farms in operation.
We’re designing foundations in-house, including loads, geotechnical and structural engineering. Our geographical footprint is currently expanding, while we’re at the same time keeping up the innovative thrust involving all technical competency areas.
Your key tasks will be to
- lead design teams and manage projects, ensuring state-of-the-art design of turbine foundations with continuous focus on technology development and development of solutions supporting safe and efficient operation and maintenance
- facilitate cooperation with third-party certifying agencies to obtain statement of compliance on structural integrity
- transfer the design and engineering package to suppliers, ensuring an efficient execution phase
- review suppliers’ documentation, such as shop drawings, specifications and risk assessment method statements
- clarify technical queries in the construction phase with the design team.
You may also participate in first article inspections and takeover inspections on completion of the structural components at the fabrication workshops.
Furthermore, you’ll be in direct contact with authorities to achieve necessary regulatory approvals.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in structural or civil engineering
- have experience in offshore engineering - preferably with both monopiles and jacket foundations for wind turbines or substations, as well as in project management
- have a proactive and organised approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
In addition, you’ll have good communication skills, enabling you to communicate technical information both internally and externally. You’ll work in an international environment, and you’re able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You have team spirit and will be able to lead your team to excellent results. You enjoy working both independently and together with your colleagues and business partners.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential. Our employees’ work-life balance is important for us.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 August 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Per Buur-Mouridsen, Manager of Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9951 6302 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You may expect some travelling in relation to your work.