Do you aspire to the challenge of leading a software delivery team comprised of a mix of roles such as developers, UX and testers, fostering and inspiring the team to deliver quality features and continuously coming up with solutions for improving the delivery process? Do you enjoy taking responsibility for both the delivery and the operations aspects of delivering software? Do you like to write great software and would you like to be part of a company whose express purpose is to improve the quality of the Internet? If so, you might be the one we're looking for as Engineering Manager in Siteimprove.
As Engineering Manager, you will take responsibility of the technical aspects of your team's deliveries, as well as your team members' performance, rewards and development.
You will take active part in the development work, and will be spending a good deal of time with your fingers in the code. You will guide your team members to deliver to the best of their potential by overseeing process improvements and by coordinating with other delivery teams and the rest of the organization. You will ensure the team stays on target with regards to deliveries, by always stressing quality in all aspects of the development cycle and by prioritizing when necessary. You will help team members understand and meet the commitments of the customer value proposition. You will also contribute to the development of our delivery organization as a whole and to the continuous improvement of our application stack.
- Participate in development work
- Participate in architectural decisions
- Head prioritization of technical tasks and processes within team
- Ensure engineering best practices and high quality in deliveries
- Build organizational strength by recruiting and retaining strong talent while developing and coaching existing team members
- Stay on top of current deliveries and react when necessary making difficulty technical decisions as appropriate
- Build positive working relationships with partner teams and eliminate duplication and gaps in ownership between teams
- Drive quality process and trustworthy computing initiatives to eliminate coding defects at the source
- Take responsibility of continuous improvement initiatives
What We Require of You
- 6+ years in software development roles
- Strong experience with modern web and cloud technologies, including architecture and infrastructure
- Strong insight into all aspects of building applications, including specification, UX, test and implementation
- Strong insight into maintaining applications (monitoring, reacting to incidents)
- Experience with agile processes (defining tasks, prioritization, communication, feedback loops)
What We'll Love About You
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- That you’re a self-driven, creative, inquisitive individual possessing lots of drive, aiming to join a team of skilled colleagues, whom you can inspire, and who can inspire you towards delivering a world class product
The Siteimprove toolbox
We value general skills and experience higher than any specific technology, and technology stacks should always be challenged, improved and renewed. If you have an interest in any of the following, or if you have something to add, we will consider that a bonus.
- vue.js, Knockout, Backbone, D3
- Docker, Mesos & Marathon, AWS, Kafka, Redis, Postgres
- CloudFormation, Terraform, bash
What You'll Love About Us
Siteimprove is a Danish founded multinational company with over 450 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in the heart of Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney and Toronto, and our customers are spread across North America, Europe, Japan and Australia
Siteimprove transforms the way organizations manage and deliver their digital presence. With the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform, you gain complete visibility and deep insights, empowering you and your team to measure what matters, drive accountability, and act with certainty.
We also offer amazing perks!
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. We’re consistently named as a great place to work across the globe
- Amazing Kitchen Staff. Our celebrity head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day. There’s always cake on Fridays and on special occasions and celebrations (which, luckily, is quite often). Naturally, we offer free coffee, free sodas and free fruit ad libitum, plus there’s opportunity to buy food to take home at extremely reasonable prices
- Outstanding Office Location. We are located in the heart of Copenhagen in a beautiful building sometimes referred to as “the Palace” by our employees
- Own Friday Bar. On the top floor, we have our very own Friday Bar with quality beverages. In the summer, we may take the party to our cozy courtyard for barbecuing in the sun
- Coding Club, Events, and Workshops. The Coding Club meets weekly (pizza and beverages on the house), and we regularly throw in-house events and workshops
- Corporate Social Responsibility. We do various activities to be a good corporate citizen, and we are very proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally. Learn more about our CSR efforts here
How To Apply
Click on the ‘Ansøg’ button to submit your application. If you have any questions regarding the job or need a reasonable accommodation to apply, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Jacob Bjerrehuus at +45 3161 6742
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder