The continuous growth of Chr. Hansen Natural Colors A/S (NCD) demands an expansion of our Process & Technology group. We are hiring an engineer/chemist preferable with experience within the areas of project management combined continuous improvement and Operational Excellence.
The Process & Technology - DK is a technical support department. The main function is to support the production processes by continuous improvements and ensure a successful technical transfer of new developed products from R&D to the production site.
We are seeking a strong and talented engineer to ensure continuous improvement and optimization of our production facility in order to match the quickly growing demands of our existing and new developed products. Consequently, we are looking to hire a skillful, energetic and experienced data-driven colleague who can strengthen our team with new competencies and ideas and support our ambitious performance targets.
The position will be located at our production site in Avedøre, Denmark and you will join a team of 8 dedicated colleagues with diverse technical backgrounds.
Your main role will be as Project Manager where you will work on important site projects and implement global standards in project execution. Furthermore, you will be the owner of Continuous Improvement (CI) assessment and initiatives facilitating strategy deployment with the Site Leaders.
To this come the following responsibility areas;
- Be a change agent and challenge organizational leaders to take CI to the next level
- In collaboration with the Site Leaders train and deploy Lean, Project Management, Six Sigma and Best Practices
- Develop, implement and monitor site CI training initiatives and coach site teams in Lean concepts and principles
- Share best practices with other sites and develop coordinated plans.
- Support the development of standards of best practice, ensure our learnings and identified internal best practices which could be elevated to global standards.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is a team player with strong collaboration skills, outgoing and open-minded. You thrive by focusing on finding new opportunities and solutions by challenging stakeholders. You have a “yes we can”-approach and you have a self-driven/data-driven nature.
We expect that you have the following experience, background and personal competencies:
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in e.g. Chemistry, Mechanical, Process/Production Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in continuous improvement with documented Lean and project management experience
- Experience designing and developing data collection and analysis tools to gather, integrate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Excellent analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive expertise in industry quality standards and methodologies, particularly Lean Six Sigma
- Strong proficiency with Excel and preferable MS Project, Visio and MINITAB or similar statistical analysis software.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience in working in multi-cultural project teams and have the competencies to create a good collaboration
- You naturally seek out and share best practice
- Exhibit a strong continuous improvement mindset and facilitate the culture around continuous improvements throughout the site
The business language is English.
An exciting and influential role in a dynamic, inspiring and international environment. A position with touch points, both vertically and horizontally, in a non-bureaucratic and LEAN organization. You will have the opportunity to shape your working day where you will be encouraged to further develop your professional and personal skills. You will report to the Process and Technology - DK Manager and will work closely with other members of the team and the stakeholders in the business.
If you have questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Lotte K Thorup, Manager Process & Technology - DK at +45 4032 7911.
In your cover letter please tell us why you think that you are the right candidate for the job and please remember to attach your CV.
Deadline for applications is October 11, 2019.
We will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis. As such please submit your CV and application as soon as possible.
Do you want to help improve food and health around the world?
At Chr. Hansen, food and health is at the heart of everything we do and our natural ingredients are consumed by more than 1 billion people every day. As a global market leader in bioscience, we have the opportunity to address important global challenges such as food waste, healthy living and sustainable agriculture and we need the brightest and most passionate people on board to succeed. Want to join us?
A career with Chr. Hansen
Joining Chr. Hansen is your opportunity to make a meaningful difference while unfolding your career in a global setting. In each of our 32 global offices, you will be able to experience an agile organization that is proud to encourage an inspiring work environment and a collaborative culture full of passion to make a difference.
Our founder, Christian D. A. Hansen, was a true entrepreneur and that mentality is still very present and valued today - as we look for new talent to strengthen our team. We are always looking for people who can take charge, come up with new ideas and form their own work practice and methods.
Engagement matters to us, therefore we offer a work environment where cooperation and respect are the top priorities.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.