Engineer responsible for analysing export and array cable installation
Join us and become Cable Installation Engineer in the Offshore Cable Installation department which is the competence..
Would you like to join a team of highly skilled employees working with the installation of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Cable Installation Engineer in the Offshore Cable Installation department which is the competence centre for cable installation and responsible for the installation of marine cables for all our wind farms. Here you'll have the opportunity to spar professionally with 40 committed and enthusiastic colleagues. You'll be part of a team focusing on Cable Installation for offshore wind farm projects and performing overall analyses, recommendation and optimisation of installation and logistic concepts. In addition, you'll provide analysis for developing more weather-resistant equipment and installation methods combined with optimised construction concepts.
Your key tasks will be to
- participate in the development and implementation of standard technical solutions/guidelines and concepts with respect to array cables, high-voltage export cables, cable protection systems and cable installation equipment across our portfolio
- be responsible for the structural analysis and evaluation of design solutions - including substations, jackets and foundations - in order to ensure successful cable installation campaigns
- collaborate with the rest of the engineering department in order to analyse and recommend installation spread procedures prior to and during installation
- analyse, recommend and participate in installation contract negotiations.
Furthermore, you'll support the Asset project by cooperating with the Contractor's Engineering department and the Marine Warranty Surveyors. You'll also create and maintain an overview of the different static and dynamic influences to be accounted for with regard to cable installation solutions. Finally, you'll develop cable installation guidelines and incorporate lessons learned into new designs and solutions.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant MSc or BSc degree, an engineering background in mechanical, structural or naval architecture or physics, or alternatively you have obtained equivalent competences, preferably from offshore construction projects.
- are structured and self-driven, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and you're capable of implementing the recommended solution
- have excellent written and oral communication skills, enabling you to create and maintain a professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently and possess the ability to meet people head-on from day one in order to extract knowledge and influence your surroundings
- you enjoy sharing your knowledge or teaching your colleagues in the project group and in your department.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development, so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 March 2018 at 18:00 CET, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don't hesitate to contact Jacob Edmonds, Head of Offshore Cable Installation, on telephone +45 9955 5034 if you'd like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don't hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder