Engineer in Planning and Development
Are you experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary teams that produce designs taking consideration of numerous stakeholders?
Are you interested in working with the design of the future metro lines of Copenhagen. Do you like to think differently and push the boundaries to develop new designs and new ways of working that will enable us build a new metro line and reduce the environmental impact. Are you experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary teams that produce designs taking consideration of numerous stakeholders. Do you enjoy working in group of people who are diverse both culturally and professionally?
You will be working in the team responsible for developing the design of the M4 extension and new M5 metro line and have the opportunity to influence those designs. You will be responsible for developing the design of all types of infrastructure elements for metro and light rail, e.g. tunnelling, bridges, stations & shafts, and integrating multidisciplinary requirements. You will be supported by your experienced colleagues in Metroselskabet and in a working environment where sharing and learning from others has a high importance.
You will be involved in our innovation programme that is reviewing how we can develop our infrastructure in a suitable way as measured against the UNSDGs, not only for our new lines but also improving the existing. As a team we are focusing on reducing CO2 emissions and resource use, improving safety and improving costumer experience.
You will be responsible for development of digital tools, working with GIS, BIM, and large data sets to assist with evaluation of options efficiently.
- Development of future metro & light rail projects
- Design of infrastructure elements required for a metro or light rail, e.g. tunnelling, bridges, stations & shafts.
- Preparation of cost estimates for future metro & light rail projects
- Working with innovation for development of more sustainable projects, both future and existing
- Preparations of calculations relating to the civil works relating to functionality, operation and climate impact of metro infrastructure.
- Communication of civil works requirements and societal impacts of metro construction.
- Reporting to management and owners
An engineering or technical architecture degree with 2-5 years’ experience.
The following abilities and experience are preferred:
- Experience of designing infrastructure, ideally in an constrained urban environment
- Experience in working with BIM and GIS. Programming (eg. Python) or parametric tools would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with Safe-in-Design principles.
- Able to communication design and challenges to technical and non-technical parties.
- Able to work within a cross-disciplinary team, ensuring coordination with operation, architecture, and a high focus on finding sustainable solutions.
- Experience of working with public institutions would be an advantage.
- Ability to write and speak English. Danish fluency preferred, but not a requirement.
We offer a challenging job in a professionally working strong environment. We offer a role where the opportunities to contribute and gain influence are great. There is speed in everyday life, and together we help to transform and improve the capital's public transport.
We offer salary by qualifications, attractive and flexible terms of employment, a good working climate and good colleagues.
For further information on the job Russell Saltmarch on 7242 4711
Please send your application latest May 27, 2022. We expect to hold job interviews on an ongoing basis and close the recruitment once the right candidate has been found.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.