Engineer for Load Measurement Analyses
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of a team dedicated to optimising the design and operation of our worldwide wind farms, so that the world one day runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you and your colleagues will be responsible for the analysis of load measurements at our newly constructed wind farms and a key player in optimising the value of these load measurements through knowledge sharing and improvement of our tools.
Welcome to Metocean & Loads
You’ll be part of the Metocean & Loads department where we primarily assess wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms and calculate loads for the design of offshore wind turbine structures, although we do much more than that. In general, we support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics and control, from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
You’ll play an important role in:
- gathering, filtering, and analysing load measurements on offshore wind turbine structures for verification of design assumptions and validation of our design models
- scoping and planning load measurement campaigns alongside other stakeholders across the organisation
- identifying possibilities for improvements in design methods and assumptions to optimise future wind farm design
- being part of the development and testing of new tools to streamline access to and analyses of measured data
- other tasks across the team and across the department, possibly including the development of our digital twin.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering, physics, or similar and have relevant experience in the analysis of wind, SCADA and load measurements in wind turbines
- have a solid background in structural dynamics – experience with operational modal analysis techniques would be an asset
- have strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or Python
- are familiar with SQL language and collecting/extracting/manipulating data from databases
- preferably have experience with cloud-based tools for storage and processing of data such as HDInsight clusters, Hive and Spark and data reporting tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 9 August 2020.
Don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Head of Metocean & Loads, by telephone on +45 99 55 71 25, or Juan Quirante, Manager of Measurement Analysis & Verification, by telephone on +45 99 55 24 90 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.