Would you like to be part of a team dedicated to optimise the design and operation of our world-wide wind farms so that the world one day runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become Engineer for Load Measurement Analyses in the Loads, Aerodynamics & Control department. The department is primarily responsible for the assessment of wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms and calculation of loads for design of wind turbine offshore structures. We support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics and control from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- gather, sort and analyse load measurements on offshore wind turbine structures for validating our designs and improving our models for future designs
- scope and plan load measurement campaigns alongside other stakeholders across the organisation
- identify possibilities for improvements in design assumptions to optimise future wind farm design
- be part of our digitalisation journey.
Your competences include that you
- hold a master’s degree in engineering or physics and have relevant experience in the analysis of wind, SCADA and load measurements in wind turbines
- have a solid background in structural dynamics - experience with operational modal analysis techniques would be an asset
- have strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or Python
- are familiar with SQL language and collecting extracting/manipulating data from databases
- are familiar with cloud-based tools for storage and processing of data such as HDInsight clusters, Hive, and Spark.
In addition, it would be an advantage if you have experience in machine learning, big data analysis and with data reporting tools such as PowerBI or Tableau.
You’re able to generate new ideas and involve relevant stakeholders in the discussions. Furthermore, you have an analytical and structured approach and strive to improve our methods on a continuous basis. You’re a team player and as such you provide and welcome feedback, proactively share knowledge and often seek alignment and support. As a result, colleagues appreciate your collaboration.
You thrive in an international environment, working with colleagues of various nationalities and different professional and cultural backgrounds. Thus, it is essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 August 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Head of Loads, Aerodynamics & Control, by telephone on +45 9955 7125, or Juan Quirante, Team Lead of Load Measurements and Verification, by telephone on +45 9955 2490 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder