Engineer for development of future fuel injection systems
MAN Energy Solutions R&D is the right place for you if you want to make a real difference in the decarbonisation of the shipping industry. You will become an expert in developing the future fuel injection systems for new low-carbon fuels, like methanol, ammonia or hydrogen.
Hydraulics and Injection Department
Did you know that seaborne transport is the most energy efficient way of carrying goods and that 70% of worldwide transport is seaborne? And did you know that MAN Energy Solutions, as the leading provider of engines for large commercial vessels, is heading the transition of global shipping towards carbon-free operation.
MAN Energy Solutions R&D is the right place for you if you want to make a real difference in the decarbonisation of the shipping industry. You will become an expert in developing the future fuel injection systems for new low-carbon fuels, like methanol, ammonia or hydrogen. We are a team of world leading experts creating unique two-stroke combustion engine technologies for a sustainable world trade and we are looking for an experienced simulation specialist to join the Hydraulics and Injection Development Department in 2-stroke R&D Copenhagen.
As an R&D engineer you will
- Be responsible for creating and running numerical models of fuel injection and hydraulic components, including fluid flow, transient behavior of systems, mechanical loads of components, etc.. We make extensive use of the tool Amesim.
- Be in the centre of laying out fuel injection systems for new liquid and gaseous fuels, like various biofuels/biocrudes, methane, ethane, LPG, methanol, ethanol, ammonia and hydrogen.
- Specify and follow up on testing of new components either at our test rigs in Copenhagen or at our licensees in Asia.
- Cooperate with a wide range of departments within and outside R&D collaborating on a variety of tasks and projects
- Share knowledge and experience and hereby contribute significantly to the success of the development of new components and systems.
- Work primarily in our head office in Copenhagen, however, 10-20 travel days per year typically in either Europe or Asia may occur.
In order to succeed in the job you:
- Have a M.Sc or Ph.D. degree in engineering, physics or applied mathematics.
- Have an expert background in one or several of the fields: power hydraulics, chemical process-engineering, petrochemical engineering, mechatronics, fluid mechanics/CFD, numerical methods, computer-based simulation of mechanical systems, thermodynamics.
- Have good scripting skills - often we would use python for scripting.
- Are a team player and good at both understanding the problem definitions of your colleagues and explaining about the relevance of your work.
- Know how to balance which details to a griven problems are important and which are not so important.
- Are curious to learn new things and open to new ideas
You will join a team of highly committed experts from a wide range of fields. We develop fuel injection/admission concepts, design prototype fuel equipment, and hydraulic components. We run simulations of both injection and combustion, and conduct tests on both test rigs and real engines to validate new concepts and designs.
The working atmosphere is relaxed and all are committed to succeed as a team by being supportive and flexible. There is space for creativity and to play with new ideas.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. The marine two-stroke engine design is the de facto standard propulsion technology for large ocean-going commercial vessels, and the Copenhagen office is the centre of R&D and Engineering for two-stroke engines of the MAN B&W brand. Currently, MAN B&W two-stroke engines account for around 1% of the total energy consumption worldwide. Hence, we are a global player in our field and in the decarbonisation of global transport.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy, etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 3rd of January 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager Stefan Mayer (+45 51541991). More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
World leading experts, creating unique two-stroke technologies for sustainable world trade
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.