Engineer to design and development of our ship engines
Are you interested in helping MAN Energy Solutions making ships greener by designing the best performing engines?
Are you interested in helping MAN Energy Solutions making ships greener by designing the best performing engines? Do you want to work in an exciting international company that offers good development opportunities with a high degree of freedom and a large customer circle? Then apply for the position as Engineer to our Engine Structure & Hydraulic Power department.
From a climate perspective, shipping is a very effective way of transporting goods over long distances. However, in a time of climate change and global warming, we need to think in new ways to develop technologies that are reducing the carbon footprint of seaborne transport. Your main task will be to bring ideas from concept, to finished design and follow it into service.
What am I going to do?
As our new engineer working within the Structure and Hydraulic Power supply group, you will design key components to the future ship engines. More specifically, you will:
- Be working with technology that require high reliability within mechanics and hydraulics for large, two stroke engines.
- Bring ideas from concept, to finished design and follow it into service
- Discuss and review ideas and designs together with your colleagues
- Do customer support
- Design prototypes for testing
Large welded structures, bearings, gears, chain drives, vibration balancers and hydraulic servo systems are examples of components you could be a leading expert in, after a few years with us.
The design work takes place in cross-functional teams with a wide range of competences, as well as in smaller teams within the department. The tests mentioned above take place either at our own test facility in Copenhagen, at our partners in East Asia or on ships in service. Our engines are produced in Japan, South Korea and China. Therefore, a few weeks of travelling to these countries may be expected.
Who am I?
We imagine that you:
- Are outgoing and likes to defend your own area of responsibility
- Are curious and want to continuously develop and improve engine components
- Are good at cooperating and accomplish your goals
- Can handle technical ownership
- Possess what it takes to become a sparring partner for customers internally as well as externally
- Have a higher education as Mechanical Engineer or similar
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing and fast-paced environment through efficiency and priority
- Have good communication skills and are fluent in English
- Work individually as well as in teams
It will be an advantage if you have relevant design and calculation experience - however, we encourage anyone with the right qualifications to apply for the position!
How is my new team/area of business?
“In the engine structure and hydraulic power department, we are passionate, ambitious and love what we do. We design components to make our engines more efficient, with less environmental footprint. In cooperation with other departments, and our customers, we take concepts and ideas and turn them into commercial design, ready for production. We strive to deliver top products, the best customer support trough collaboration and efficient work processes.”
– Department Manager, Erik Ahasverusen
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Tuesday May, 25th 2021. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Department Manager, Erik Ahasverusen by phone on +45 33 85 16 73. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.