- Identify the best engine- and propulsion solutions to vessels around the globe
Some people prefer to crunch the numbers and make complex analysis. Others rather want to use their voice and interact with, consultant and share their expertise with clients and specialist from all over the world.
As Engineer with us you get to do both. Take the next – or perhaps the first – step in your career with propulsion solutions at MAN Energy Solutions.
Come on board exciting projects
The industry for engines for the maritime industry is developing fast with new regulations from authorities and shipping companies to reduce emissions significantly while also saving on fuels. This had led to a rise in new vessel designs where optimal propulsion solutions are needed to succeed in this exciting mission.
And this is where you come in. As a part of our Marine Project Engineering function, you will be one of our specialists within propulsion systems and in the development of our calculation tools used for our consulting tasks. You will have a key role both in advising clients and colleagues in single cases and in our continuous development of our calculation tools like CEAS and other tools.
In close collaboration with your colleagues in the company, our clients, our development-, sales- and marketing departments as well as our colleagues abroad, you will participate in evaluation of the needs for continuous development of our technical calculation tools. Working on these tasks, you will more concretely:
- participating in analyses what engine type and size will be the optimal choice for concrete ship designs by producing Life Cycle Costing (LCC) analyses as well as comparative CO2 and NOx analysis
- giving advice about the best engine to select for given projects
- keep yourself up to date on regulation on emission control and other relevant legislation
- be answering questions from clients, among which are shipping companies, shipyards, licensees and consultancies
- making calculation tools supporting both our main engine data source CEAS and standalone tools – all enabling us to support our customers best possible
You will be based in our office in Copenhagen, from 2027 in Trekroner (Roskilde), - MAN-ES main office for two-stroke development and engineering will in 2027 move from Sydhavn Copenhagen to Trekroner near Roskilde.
Travelling can occasionally be required for you, some 5-10 days a year, 1-3 days at a time – or more if the destination or project needs it.
Engineer with a curious and outgoing mind set
You are curious by nature, which gives you the drive to always be learning new technologies and doing things in a smart way focus on making calculation tools which will help us in the department daily work answering questions and much more, so you can become a specialist within your field. You enjoy innovating and ideas are abundant – which you manage to transform into real initiatives.
Sharing your ideas with your colleagues and clients is a motivational factor for you.
On top of this, we imagine our new colleague has:
- an education as Cand. Polyt or mechanical engineer or similar
- knowledge about methods of calculating and comparing engine alternatives seen both from an emission and economical perspective
- the desire to develop new calculation tools etc.
- knowing office program package especially advanced excel (VBA), Aspose and PowerBi
- the ability to speak and write English at a professional level
- good skills for analytic work both as single and in teams
Your new colleagues
The Marine Project Engineering department consists of 6 dedicated naval architects, marine engineers and data experts. The department has the responsibility the MAN Energy Solutions engine program cluster CEAS providing engine data for our licensees, shipyards and ship owners. We have daily contact with the shipyards’ designers of the coming ships for tomorrow fulfilling all the newest environmental and commercial rules. Sending engine data, making analysis, giving advice etc.
Internally we advise concerning the demand for engine development in order to fit the best for the coming ship design for tomorrow (2025, 2030 …), thus securing that our engines stay first choice for the worlds fleet of commercial ships.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15.000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2.200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we makes a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contributes to a carbon neutral economy.
What can you offer me?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Critical illness insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Use of home working, ensuring a good balance between working at office and at home.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is 14th of August 2022. We’ll conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you’re welcome to contact Manager Bent Ørndrup Nielsen by phone at +45 3385 2501 or +45 2913 4029 or e-mail: email@example.com
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
MAN Energy Solutions encourage all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.