Engine Simulation Expert for Engine Process Research
Did you know that seaborne transport is the most energy efficient way of carrying goods and that 70% of worldwide transport is seaborne? And did you know that MAN Energy Solutions, as the leading provider of engines for large commercial vessels, is heading the transition of global shipping towards carbon-free operation.
MAN Energy Solutions
If you would like to make a real difference on the Decarbonisation of the shipping industry right now then this position at MAN Energy Solutions R&D is the right place for you. You will become an expert in developing the future engine processes in regards to new fuels, like biofuels, ammonia or hydrogen, and completely new combustion principles. You will be joining the world leading team of experts when it comes to creating new combustion engine technologies for marine large two-stroke diesel engines, supporting a sustainable marine fleet. We are looking for an engineer with a creative mindset and keen interest in thermodynamic systems and simulation to join the Engine Process Development Department in two-stroke R&D Copenhagen.
What are you going to do?
As an R&D engineer you will:
- Develop new numerical models for engine process simulation.
- Investigate and simulate new engine concepts to find technical and business potential.
- Contribute to the important cross-functional task of making a robust engine design.
- Be responsible for planning, running and analyzing tests on real marine two stroke engines using new fuels and new combustion processes. Either at our test engines in Denmark or at our licensees in Asia.
- Be part of a cutting-edge research group making to the most efficient combustion engine in the world and developing the next generation engine concepts for large two-stroke engines. The group is responsible for the initial engine development for new fuels, such as methanol, ammonia, hydrogen and many more.
- Cooperate with a wide range of departments within and outside R&D on a variety of tasks and projects, many times taking the lead in developing new components and strategies.
- Share knowledge and experience and hereby contribute significantly to the success of the development of new components and systems. This includes participating in several academic collaborations focusing on developing further and deeper understanding of the engine processes.
- Work primarily in our head office in Copenhagen, however, some travel days per year, typically in either Europe or Asia could be expected.
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Have a Ph.D. or M.Sc. degree in engineering, physics or applied mathematics.
- Have an expert knowledge in one or several of the following fields: thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, dynamical systems, simulation, differential equations, process control, combustion, data analysis, data-driven storytelling, statistical test planning.
- Have good programming skills. We make extensive use of the scripting language Python. Knowledge or interest in C++ would also be preferred.
- Are comfortable with scientific work on Linux.
- Are a team player and good at both understanding the problem definitions of your colleagues and explaining about the relevance of your work.
- Are curious to learn new things and open to new ideas.
How is your new team/area of business?
You will join the most skilled team in the world that is working on combustion related matter in this field. The team consists of highly committed experts from a very wide range of fields. We develop new combustion principles of new fuels such as ammonia and hydrogen, model exhaust gas emissions, make new engine processes, analyze new lubrication oils etc. We are also responsible for the chemical laboratory at our research facilities in Copenhagen.
We simulate all new processes as well as existing in order to find the best possible adaption of the engines using various tools. We also plan, execute and evaluate actual tests of new processes both at our Copenhagen test engines and at our licensees in Korea and Japan in order to validate all new concepts.
The working atmosphere is relaxed and flexible in a team that is highly committed to helping each other in a supportive and constructive manner. We create many of our in-house calculations tools and a comprehensive understanding of the engine processes has therefore been gathered within the group. We hope you are able to contribute further to this development.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Monday the 20th of March 2023. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Head of Engine Process Research, Johan Sjöholm by phone on +45 3385 2682 or by e-mail email@example.com. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.