Engine Design lead
If you want to make a real difference to decarbonize shipping and lead high impact projects, MAN Energy Solutions R&D is where you should be!
If you want to make a real difference to decarbonize shipping and lead high impact projects, MAN Energy Solutions R&D is where you should be! Retrofitting ship engines to operate on next generation green fuels is a critical part of the transition of shipping towards a zero carbon future. We are a team of world leading experts creating unique 2-Stroke technologies for sustainable world trade and we are looking for an design engineer with solid knowledge of – and practical experience with the basic engine design.
What are you going to do?
As the Engine design lead, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering engine design concepts for dual fuel conversions and energy efficiency solutions with assistance from R&D and engineering departments
- Ensure that engine components scope, and cost inputs for retrofit project bids is submitted to the project management team
- Initiate and drive efforts to bring new concepts and ideas around engine design, component reliability, cost optimization and component standardization for retrofit projects.
- Join customer and other external meetings and discussions, to cover your area of responsibilities
- Be the link and co-ordinate various activities between Engineering and R&D teams
- Bring inputs as a technical lead in area of knowledge.
Who are you?
We imagine that you:
- Are an engineer with knowledge and experience of basic engine design such as
- Large moving parts and large structure parts
- Hydraulic Power supply and chain drives
- Combustion chamber layouts
- Have the ability to understand engine design and the calculations behind is a must.
- Have the knowledge of classification rules and certification of engine components and other affected parts for retrofit projects
- Have good co-ordination skills and are comfortable working on several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Enjoy working independently.
- Have experience with NX, TeamCenter and Microsoft programs is an advantageous.
How is your new team/area of business?
Decarbonization retrofits is a newly established function in 2 Stroke R&D, where you as a founding member will set the course, tone and mood of the team. We hope you like to encourage a collaborative, diverse and inclusive atmosphere where everyone has an equal voice and support each other to get the job done. As a part of a new team, there is plenty of room and opportunity to be innovative, form good working processes and grow yourself in different aspects of management.
Who is MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer you?
MAN Energy Solutions offers a competitive salary package and pension scheme. In addition, we have a number of other employee benefits, which among other things includes:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- Wealth of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do you apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is Sunday 31 of July 2022. We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact (Head of Decarbonization Retrofits- Amar Parikh) by phone on (+45 29 35 01 44). More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder