Energy Storage Subject Matter Expert
Join us in this role where you’ll use your technical expertise within energy storage to develop our future energy storage projects
Imagine a future where you use your technical expertise to drive our ambition within energy storage
Join us in this role where you’ll use your technical expertise within energy storage to develop our future energy storage projects. You’ll have a key role in assessing technologies for short and long-duration energy storage and, together with a diverse team, develop projects that are both technically and commercially optimised. We offer a dynamic and caring work environment with responsibility, challenges, collaboration, and focus on your career aspirations and development.
Welcome to HVDC and Grid Stabilizing Equipment
You’ll be part of an inclusive team of skilled engineers with expertise in power electronics, energy storage, and HV electrical equipment where you, together with your colleagues, will drive the development of future energy storage technology. You’ll provide technical services and work together with people with diverse competences within technology management, commercial management, revenue management etc., with the aim of developing optimised energy storage projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing our future energy storage projects and ensuring that the projects are technically optimised for the market and other project-specific conditions
- ensuring grid and operational integration of future energy storage projects
- assessing the landscape of short and long-duration energy storage suppliers and evaluating the capabilities and maturity of the various technologies
- driving the technical agenda and direction within energy storage
- identifying and leveraging technical and commercial synergies from integrating energy storage with offshore wind, hydrogen, and other technologies
- expanding our knowledge base on technologies for both short and long-duration energy storage.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have sound knowledge of and experience with technical aspects related to short and long-duration energy storage and integration with other energy systems, incl. offshore wind
- enjoy exploring and applying innovative technologies to solve complex problems
- possess knowledge about the energy market and how the energy storage technologies can generate revenue
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering, or another relevant degree
- have personal drive, combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skaarhoej, Head of HVDC & Grid Stabilizing Equipment, on (Denmark +45) 99556864, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder