MAN Energy Solutions is the leading designer of high-efficient marine two-stroke engines that power most of the world’s merchant ships. The “Engine Process R&D” team in Copenhagen is responsible for the development of the engine combustion process considering a wide range of fuels, the engine performance development, the emission-reduction technology development as well as the engine retrofit development.
Our research and development team in the “Retrofit Development Department” is expanding.
Would you like to work in a global company and play a part in this new exciting field?
In our Retrofit Development team we are looking for a talented Engineer with a good ability to put theory into practice.
We are developing engine solutions and projects for our customers for in service vessels, considering the market demand for part-load optimization, optimized propulsion systems, multi-fuel conversions as well as the engine emission certification process.
As a member of our team you will be working with inspiring and highly skilled Research Engineers in an open and interdisciplinary environment. You will be working with laboratory emission-measurement-equipment and you will be in charge for emission measurements on board merchant vessels. Maintaining the existing emission equipment, as well as to further develop new equipment for emission data evaluation for retrofit application in large two-stroke diesel engines will be also part of your given tasks. Cross-references to given rules and codes, as well as the support of the certification process in close cooperation with our responsible Engineers are part of this task.
To a large extend you will work with emission test programs, will prepare required equipment for on-board emission measurements campaigns, as well as to carry out emission measurements during a retrofit project execution on board the vessels. Furthermore you will develop new measurement equipment. A close team cooperation with the responsible Engineer for engine certification will be required.
Experience in both, emission measurement knowledge, as well as international cooperation with partners are very welcome and beneficial. Travelling activity of about 60-75 days / anno shall be expected to conduct those measurement and testing campaigns.
- Taking over responsibility for preparing and execution of emission validation / measurement work related to retrofit projects.
- Support actively the continued know-how ramp-up.
- Coordination with sub-suppliers for emission measurement technology as well as with partners in Asia.
- Interacting with other specialist in R&D and Engineering along the development projects.
- Support the certification process responsible engineer with data input from emission measurement campaigns.
- MSc in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in emission measurements, data evaluation and/or Test-Center work environment experience.
- Theoretical knowledge in thermodynamics / combustion process understanding.
- Sailing experience on commercial sea-going vessels is beneficial.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data.
- Talent and interest to transfer results into required high quality documentation for engine certification.
- Ability and interest to work in / with international teams.
- Practical and target oriented approach.
- Flexibility and willingness to spend working time outside of standard office-hours if required.
- Drivers license B.
We offer you
Qualified engineers as well as experienced applicants will be considered. If you want a many-sided and stimulating job with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development in an international knowledge sharing environment, see below how to apply the job.
The address for your new future is: Teglholmsgade 41, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV. Interviews will be conducted on-going.
Are you interested?
If this is the job you are looking for, please send your application, CV, and other relevant documentation of qualifications by clicking "Ansøg".
If you need to know more
For further information about the position, please contact: Retrofit Development Manager, Michael Witt at +45 3385 1888
More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.