Come join a team of highly talented SW developers and help develop our current and future Ethernet switch software application, enabling customers worldwide to build and market their Microchip-based network products. The DK application SW team works in close collaboration with both the DK chip design, HW, and BSP teams as well as teams in both US and India to develop a competitive and production- ready SW application, which is an integral part of the design solutions we offer our international customers. Do you have a few years of work experience, know C,< have some Linux knowledge >, and have strong desire to learn more, then you could be the candidate we are looking for.
Microchip Denmark has an R&D site located in Herlev. We are a team of 35 engineers, developing Ethernet network switches for Enterprise, Industrial and automotive markets. The Denmark site represents all the engineering disciplines from initial product definition, RTL design, SW development, reference systems and technical support. Microchip Denmark is part of Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG), which have sites in USA, India, Taiwan, and China.
You will be part of the Denmark SW development team, working on our Linux-based turnkey Ethernet switch application SW portfolio, targeted at our Ethernet switches - the largest ICs designed in Denmark. We are an integrated part of Microchip and work closely together with other SW design sites, mainly in the US and India. The job will consist of developing embedded systems software for our Ethernet switches, all the way from concept through specification, programming, and module testing as well as working closely together with both SQA and factory support team to ensure the continued quality of the product. Our products consist of a combination of both proprietary as well as open-source software. We will of course ensure responsibilities matches your experience and provide plenty of opportunities to grow.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.
- SW development experience – either through your studies or your previous work
- Have embedded software-programming skills in C
- Great English communication skills – written as well as oral
- Are a team player but able to work independently - a self-starter, adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements
What we offer?
- Join an established experienced team, determined to grow your skills from good to great.
- Opportunity to work closely with Linux kernel community and attend relevant conferences.
- Direct access to experts developing the relevant HW, chips, network technologies and standards.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel.
- Options to work-from-home 1-2 days a week, parental leave, occasional social gatherings.
- Informal, pleasant office environment with 2-3 sharing an office. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, and fruit in the cafeteria
- Competitive compensation including employee share option scheme.
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interested and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today at Denmark@microchip.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.