Embedded Software Engineer at leading danish drone company
Sky-Watch is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our multidisciplinary R&D department and become a part of our team of highly skilled experts who design, develop, and integrate solutions for our advanced UAV systems.
With our solid experience and current position in the drone industry we stand in a strong position to become one of the market leaders for tactical mini-UAV systems. We develop and produce durable drone systems for challenging environments and our ability to develop effective and reliable embedded software is a key factor in our vision of shaping and facilitating a shift in the global defense market where tactical mini-UAV systems will be widely deployed.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of a software team responsible for design, development, and maintenance of embedded and high-level software for our UAV systems. We collaborate closely in small teams and value open communication and joint responsibility for the team’s work. Our customers are dependent on highly reliable solutions, so we keep a constant focus on quality while effectively adding new capabilities and value to our solutions. The software team plays an important role in defining the product features and roadmap and selecting the applied technologies. The team collaborates across all departments, from hardware and mechanical engineering to production and sales.
You will be working with board bring-up as well as software integration of sensors, radio-modules, and cameras on our embedded Linux platforms. You will be further developing our embedded software infrastructure and Yocto-based build environment to support development, deployment, and maintenance of our products as we expand. One current initiative is to use ROS and Docker as infrastructure on the UAV. You will have direct influence on the tools and processes used for the embedded development and we expect you and the embedded software team to establish a foundation that allow us to scale up the development. You will be involved in both the development and maintenance of our line of products and in multidisciplinary development projects, sometimes in collaboration with our international integration partners.
We expect you to strongly contribute in some of the following areas and otherwise have an interest in developing competencies within these areas.
- Strong experience with embedded Linux software development in C/C++
- Knowledge about networking programming
- Knowledge about container-based deployment (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, design, and architecture
- Comfortable in taking initiative, working independently, and sharing knowledge across the team
- Bachelor or Master in Electronic or S/W Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent education
- Proficient in writing and speaking English as well as Danish
WHAT WE OFFER
- A rare opportunity to be part of a very exciting industry with a very interesting future ahead
- Possibility to join and work in an interesting work culture with a very dynamic work environment with lots of challenging assignments lined up to solve
- You get to influence your own position and assignments
- A work environment with informal and positive mind set, where challenges are solved in teams
Send application and CV tagged ”Software Engineer” via the "Ansøg" link.
Application deadline is 20.06.2021
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Software Manager Preben Fihl on +45 5080 4955