Embedded Software Developer
Sky Labs Aalborg A/S is looking for talented people to join our highly skilled team. We expect that you are passionate about embedded software development, Linux and making products which set the reference in broadcast and streaming media products.
Sky Labs Aalborg is part of Sky Plc and Comcast Inc. At the Aalborg office, we develop key software components for consumer devices used by Sky and Comcast broadcast and internet customers.
We participate in the complete development of individual projects, while maintaining a key set of competencies unique within Sky. We are expanding our presence in Denmark, adding additional technical areas and you will have a unique opportunity to grow with the team already working here.
As part of our team you will participate in the development of software for Sky’s consumer devices which are used by millions of customers every day. You will work with an agile development process to provide software components that are released with regular intervals for integration into real life consumer products.
You will be a part of a large international team and will have an opportunity to influence the software for current and coming projects.
What are we looking for?
- Master or BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- Experience in C and C++ programming
- Worked with embedded Linux (preferably Yocto)
- Experience with technologies like Linux, GStreamer, RDK, Wayland, kernel drivers, DVB, IP Streaming is a plus
- An Agile mindset and knowledge of Scrum methodologies
- Experience with software architecture, designs and implementation of software systems
- Knowledge of GNU toolchain (GCC, GDB), Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Passionate about making excellent quality software
- Proactive attitude
- Curious and open minded towards new technologies and knowledge
What will you be doing?
Working with product development & supporting existing products:
- Programming/debugging Linux code in C/C++
- Application and Platform development
- Participate in daily scrum
Designing and building Next-generation platforms for streaming media
- Be part of an experienced platform team working with designs and implementations
- At times take the track lead role during different development phases
- Document designs and decisions
- Sharing knowledge and good programming habits
We mainly work from our office in Aalborg center, but also support working from home and occasionally travel to visit other Sky/Comcast facilities, suppliers or perform field tests. The job is full time but allows for flexible hours. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.