Are you an expert in troubleshooting and have hands-on experience with PCB hardware and electronic components? Do you possess skills in project management and have a structured and systematic approach to problem-solving? If yes, then please read more about this opportunity to be part of an international company where you will be a key employee on our Star Cool refrigeration machine in our System & Maintenance department.
As our new Electronics Engineer (back-end support function), you will be the preferred ‘go-to-person’ and in-house trouble shooter expert on a broad range of electrical components related to our Star Cool refrigeration machine.
You will be our new technical expert in a smaller team of young and dedicated employees. You will work closely with the R&D and Quality departments and report directly to the Head of System & Maintenance.
MCI is located in Tinglev in the Southern part of Denmark, close to attractive cities like Sønderborg, Kolding and Flensburg. We have strong local roots but act on a truly global stage.
At MCI in Tinglev, you will enjoy an informal and supportive atmosphere. We work hard and are aware of our contribution to global trade, but we make sure that we have fun and enjoy working with each other.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of troubleshooting on electrical and electronic components on the Star Cool refrigeration machine
- Identify mitigation areas, actions and specifying improvements to relevant parts
- Be the preferred go-to-person on the Star Cool refrigeration machine
You will be investigating and troubleshooting on the electronic components such as print boards or sensors based on input from the Quality department. Therefore, it is important that you have good project management skills.
As trouble shooter expert you are also responsible for external communication with selected suppliers.
You will have plenty of opportunities to show your initiative, working in an environment with a global reach. You will be part of the large team at MCI that oversees a fleet of over 300,000 Star Cool® reefer machines in operation around the world.
In your everyday work, you will experience a high degree of independence in a flexible work environment where innovation and quality have very high priority.
We are looking for
To be the perfect match for the role as our new Electronics Engineer, we expect you to have at least a couple of years relevant experience and experience within refrigeration is an advantage.
We expect that you have an open mindset and appreciate the opportunity to learn new things. You prefer your own responsibility areas for a broad range of technical tasks, and you have good coordination skills.
We are looking for an extroverted self-starter and you do not hesitate to take actions. You are open, a trusted advisor, possess a process optimization mindset and you are brave in challenging existing solutions and ideas.
Additionally, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree as an Electronics Engineer or similar
- Experience with electronic components
- Basic project management skills
- Proactive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-driven individual who works proactively
- A customer centric mindset and have a solid understanding of technical terms
- Strong team spirit but also won’t hesitate to challenge your col-leagues in order to ensure you deliver high quality results
- Good sense of humor, and a social and accommodating nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a pre-requisite
You must expect approx. 15-20 travel days a year.
We review applications on an ongoing basis until the right candidate has been found.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.