Electronic Hardware Engineer
Do you want to improve the life experience for people with a hearing disability? Are you an Engineer with passion for technology, and are you experienced and skilled in developing electronics hardware for highly complex devices?...
Electronic Hardware Engineer at Oticon Medical
Do you want to improve the life experience for people with a hearing disability? Are you an Engineer with passion for technology, and are you experienced and skilled in developing electronics hardware for highly complex devices?
Then we might have an exciting position for you as Electronic Hardware Engineer at Oticon Medical.
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss.
As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology.
Cutting edge development
You will be part of our R&D department in Smørum in a highly skilled team, that creates cutting edge solutions within hearing healthcare. You will work with the development of our two main solutions; cochlear implant systems and bone anchored hearing systems. Here you will be involved in the entire development process, and your area of responsibility will thus cover all steps from initial specification to design and implementation of electronic solutions and finally handover for mass-production. You will get a chance to design electronics platforms against challenging requirements, with the assistance from experienced colleagues, state of the art CAD-tools and modern lab-facilities. We work in multisite teams, located across Denmark, France and Sweden, therefore some travel activity between the sites must be expected.
You can look forward to a position with a large involvement in the development process, where your main tasks consist of:
- Work with cross-function teams to define electronic architecture and design specifications based on project requirements.
- Conduct DFMEA to evaluate reliability and safety of the electronic design.
- Design, verify and characterize electronic solution through a combination of simulation and physical laboratory testing on prototypes according to requirements.
- Identify and select the electronic components, taking into consideration design requirements, availability and obsolescence.
- Creating electronic schematic, specifying the PCB design requirements and follow-up the activity of PCB layout and manufacturing.
- Develop test plans to verify the design according to the electronic design specifications
- Define and specific electrical test for mass production.
Your experience and qualifications
You are used to planning and coordinating your own tasks and driving your own work forward. You act in an enthusiastic way, especially when sharing knowledge and ideas in the team and across the organization. You have an analytical and structured approach to problem solving, possess a high degree of personal initiative and are a true team player who likes to be engaged in many tasks at a time and enjoys a dynamic work environment.
Your new team members are top professionals, striving to create inspiring results. You will be part of a high performing team where your motivation and passion for our products and cutting-edge solutions will be highly valued.
We are looking for a person, with experience within as many as the following points as possible:
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- More than 3 years of proven experience designing complex electronic circuits
- Designing analog and mixed electronic circuits with strong constraints (interference, integration, very low power consumption, high performance, reliability, etc.)
- Knowledge of EMI and EMC aspects
- Knowledge of reliability and safety aspects
- Creating electronic schematics using Cadstar and/or Cadence software
- Understanding of acoustics and audio signal processing
- Working in medical or other highly regulated environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in English (spoken/written)
We dare to make a difference
Together with skilled colleagues, you are part of a dynamic environment based on trust and openness, and you will experience a strong will to win. We are a growing international company where everybody supports the business by contributing to the customers’ experience of our products as the most attractive to work with. You will be working in a bright and open workplace, where a flexible working environment, knowledge sharing and professional respect makes it both challenging and meaningful to go to work.
Want to join us?
Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications, but no later than December 10. Only candidates applying through our online recruitment system will be considered for this position.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Achraf El Amraoui on ACEL@oticonmedical.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder