At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too!
A fast-growing world population means that global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning, then read on.
How we work
We are looking for a talented Electronic Engineer, to take on an exciting and challenging position and join our Product Engineering team, within our Research and Development department.
Foss develops and produces state of the art analysis instruments for analysis of milk, meat, grain, wine and more. Our instruments combine sophisticated flow systems and mechanical features with state of the art electronics and optics.
In this position, we expect you to solve quality and performance issues. Your daily tasks will be diverse, and will typically span from electronic circuit design to securing the performance of the instrument by troubleshooting on optical and electromechanical interfaces. Tasks thus often require a coordinated effort across the organization, and you will get to work with many different teams and colleagues.
You will join a team of highly skilled mechanical-, electrical-, optical-, system- and chemical- engineers and will be located at our new R&D Innovation Center in Hillerød, Denmark.
About the job
As an electronic engineer, we expect you to solve quality and performance problems, focusing on electronic and electro-mechanical components.
Your tasks will include:
- Re-design of existing analogue and digital circuitry due to performance issues or obsolete components. This involves interfacing “old” and new technologies and doing reverse engineering on everything from analogue circuits to VHDL code and digital circuitry.
- Replacing simple “Plug and Play” components due to obsolescence.
- Miscellaneous tasks including designing new cables, changing motors, actuators, valves, lasers, and other electromechanical or electro optical components.
- Practical trouble shooting on instruments and modules.
- Lab work as soldering and building smaller prototypes if needed.
- Working on customer related quality issues. This sometimes includes direct customer contact and visits.
- Optimizing EMC performance and electrical safety on modules or instruments. Close cooperation with our Validation and Compliance department to update existing instruments to comply with updated and new standards.
- Take responsibility for your tasks and coordinate across the organization to ensure proper implementation.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the current product portfolio and provide input for the development of new analytical instruments. You will play a central role in securing the quality and performance of the current product portfolio.
Tasks are typically driven as smaller projects together with your colleagues in the Product Engineering team, or with specialists if needed.
- You ideally hold a Bachelor of Science or a Master of Science in Electrical engineering
- You have experience within some of the following fields: Design of analogue circuits (filters, amplifier circuitry and A/D), Design of digital electronics (up, DSP, CPLD and FPGA), VHDL, Orcad Capture and PSpice
- We also imagine you have some knowledge of optics and light and a good understanding of EMC and electromechanical interfaces.
- We speak Danish at the office - but as English is our corporate language, we expect you to be good at both languages.
- You have a structured approach and enjoy complex problem-solving.
- You thrive with taking on challenging tasks under time pressure if a customer is waiting or if production needs a fast solution.
- You are self-driven and have a natural curiosity for learning new things. It is important that you see solutions when looking at problems.
- You are talented at building strong working relationships and working with many different people - we picture you as a team player with a good sense of humour.
- But above all...we are looking for the right individual to work in a positive, flexible, and fast-paced technical work environment!
We offer a challenging job in an international, innovative and highly successful organization. We are market leaders within our field and very proud of the results we deliver.
Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table and make a real difference.
At FOSS, we value our employees and believe in cooperation, in straightforward communication and in setting clear objectives to achieve our goals. You can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table and make a real difference, and where work-life balance and flexibility are valued.
For further information, please contact People Manager Jonas Andersen, by phone +45 2761 6459 or email JOAN@foss.dk
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.