Electro Acoustic Developer at Oticon Medical
Do you want to improve the life experience for people with a hearing disability? Are you an Engineer with passion for technology, and are you experienced and skilled in developing acoustics for highly complex devices?
Then we might have an exciting position for you as Electro Acoustic Developer at Oticon Medical.
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss.
As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology.
Cutting edge development
You will be part of our R&D department in Smørum in a highly skilled team, that creates cutting edge solutions within hearing healthcare. You will work with the development of our two main solutions; cochlear implant systems and bone anchored hearing systems.
Here you will be involved in the entire development process, and your area of responsibility will thus cover all steps from initial specification to design and implementation of the acoustical aspects of the products including acoustical test for mass-production.
You will get a chance to design electro acoustic platforms against challenging requirements, with the assistance from experienced colleagues, state of the art CAD-tools and modern lab-facilities. We work in multisite teams, located across Denmark, France and Sweden, therefore some travel activity between the sites must be expected.
You can look forward to a position with a large involvement in the development process, where your main tasks consist of:
- Defining and maintaining electro-acoustic design requirements.
- Acoustic design in close cooperation with the mechanical engineering team.
- Selection and qualification of acoustic components, transducers, taking into consideration design requirements, availability and obsolescence.
- Measure and verify (including documentation) electro-acoustical performance and product compliance according to relevant standards.
- Specify acoustic tests for the production line and support the prototype builds.
- Provide electro-acoustic product calibration data to platform configuration team.
Your experience and qualifications
You are used to planning and coordinating your own tasks and driving your own work forward. You act in an enthusiastic way, especially when sharing knowledge and ideas in the team and across the organization. You have an analytical and structured approach to problem solving, possess a high degree of personal initiative and are a true team player who likes to be engaged in many tasks at a time and enjoys a dynamic work environment.
Your new team members are top professionals, striving to create inspiring results. You will be part of a high performing team where your motivation and passion for our products and cutting-edge solutions will be highly valued.
We are looking for a person, with experience within as many as the following points as possible:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering, focusing specifically on electro acoustics.
- You may have worked with electro acoustic design or miniature products such as cell phones, headsets, hearing aids or similar.
- Experienced electro acoustic developer (minimum 5 years), you have expertise within sound quality.
- Knowledge of acoustic standards
- Experience in vibro-acoustic simulation with FEM simulation software is a clear plus.
- Working in medical or other highly regulated environments is appreciated
- Ability to work on multiple projects and multisite environment
- Fluency in English (spoken/written)
We dare to make a difference
Together with skilled colleagues, you are part of a dynamic environment based on trust and openness, and you will experience a strong will to win. We are a growing international company where everybody supports the business by contributing to the customers’ experience of our products as the most attractive to work with. You will be working in a bright and open workplace, where a flexible working environment, knowledge sharing and professional respect makes it both challenging and meaningful to go to work.
Want to join us?
Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications, but no later than January 15th. Only candidates applying through our online recruitment system will be considered for this position.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Achraf El Amraoui on ACEL@oticonmedical.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder