Electrical systems engineer in Lyngby
Are you interested in becoming part of our offshore wind energy electrical project management and specialist team? COWI holds a very strong competitive position in the international market for offshore wind energy, and we are looking for offshore wind power electrical systems engineers and project managers for our office in Lyngby.
Today, we are experiencing an increased demand for our services as our department continues to deliver substantial results. This position in the market brings a continuous flow of new extensive and challenging projects. Thus, we wish to expand our team specialised in electrical wind energy, part of our Wind Energy department. Here you would be part of a group of dedicated electrical specialists and project managers.
The wind electrical team
We are 20 hardworking enthusiastic electrical engineers working in the field of large-scale offshore wind farm projects, infrastructure projects and utility systems. All of us are specialised in different aspects, such as high voltage switchgear, medium voltage, low voltage offshore installations, SCADA systems and radio systems. We enjoy our professional working place with great traditions for challenging and multidisciplinary projects.
Specialised in offshore substations
As an Electrical Systems Engineer, you will be interacting in project teams, contributing to electrical design work with special focus and responsibility for execution of offshore substations (OSS / OTM /ESP) for offshore wind farms. The job includes concept studies, basic and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, follow-up and supervision.
We expect you to hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree within Electrical Engineering and you have a solid record of accomplishments of working with the major players within the offshore wind industry in Europe. You have min. 5-10 years of experience working as a consulting engineer, as project manager and/or specialist. You are capable of working independently and are proficient in speaking and writing in English. You also have thorough electro technical experience working with design, tendering and supervision of high-voltage and medium-voltage systems as well as qualifications within project management and discipline lead.
Dedicated and have a desire to work closely with customers and colleagues
- You are flexible and open-minded, possess a good sense of humour and are outgoing and sociable
- You have a high degree of initiative and are capable of working in a dedicated and structured manner
- You have a desire to work at the location of our customers as well as working at the COWI office
- You have project management experience
- You have specific references to projects related to design and implementation of low voltage systems for offshore wind farm projects in your CV
- You have experience working with FIDIC contracts
- You are able to write tenders and technical documentation in English.
A great place to work
COWI offers a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results. In COWI, you will get the opportunity to influence your own future through creativity and innovation. We offer a solid academic environment with opportunities for participation in courses related to your personal and professional development.
- An inspiring cooperation with skilled colleagues
- Attractive insurance and health conditions
- Salary according to qualifications
- Exceptional future career opportunities.
Are you interested?
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Lars Viggo Hansen, Head of Section Mobile: +45 4176 0185
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and application as soon as possible, and no later than 21 January 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder