Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Sales & Projects Electrical Engineering department we are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer within design and configuration of HV switchgears and related solutions, accessories, interfaces, supplier handling and specification of QA and test methods. Support related to offshore substations and array cable systems may be a part of the job as well.
The department provides complete engineering packages within the design of the electrical
interface between turbine and grid, relay protection systems and configuration of various electrical systems in the turbine and the foundation.
How to contribute to our vision
You will be responsible for design and configuration of HV switchgears, cable systems and equipment for offshore wind applications. This also includes design responsibility for documentation, installation and commissioning and you thereby follow the solutions all the way from contact signature to final handover to our customers.
Your solutions are characterized by an end-to end thinking, a safety mindset and you know what it takes to make things work in the field.
Our work is project driven and you will have a wide scale international interface to clients, suppliers and colleagues.
More specifically, your assignments will be:
- Specifying and test of HV switchgears incl. multifunction relays
- Creating technical project documentation within your area of responsibility
- Providing complete technical material for tender processes followed by technical negotiations with suppliers
- Specification of handling and installation concepts for equipment
- Providing specialized technical support and troubleshooting in relation to HV equipment in wind turbines
- Continuous development and improvement of processes, documentation and methods required to ensure efficient and best practice design of HV systems and interfaces
What you need to make a difference
Ideally you hold a B.Sc.EE or similar combined with 5+ years of solid high voltage system design experience from businesses like wind turbines, power plant, grid operator, manufacturing or consultancy business.
To be successful in this role:
- Your personality is characterized as being positive, open minded and self-driven enabling you to work with colleagues from multiple cultures in a large international organization
- You have a proactive approach to knowledge sharing.
- You possess good communication skills in English, orally and in writing.
- And most of all, you love the fun and challenges by building the largest offshore wind farms in the world
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Carsten Christiansen via phone +45 3037 6951
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark