Electrical Engineering Manager for our offshore substation for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take up the technical challenges related to offshore substation design and construction of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Electrical Engineering Manager in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for electrical design, installations and commissioning management of electrical installations.
The team consists of nine committed colleagues, and each employee works on their own project as technical project/scope manager. Here they manage a team of electrical engineers to ensure our subcontractors meet our requirements for the design of LV&U/MV/HV components and SCADA for an offshore substation.
Your key tasks will be to
- coordinate tasks between project participants and suppliers within the electrical and utility field
- be accountable for projects’ electrical design and installation as well as to prepare technical requirements with your team
- coordinate and manage specialists in a project
- follow up on time schedules, progress and results from consultants and contractors
- participate in project team meetings and clarification and negotiation meetings with contractors.
Your competences include that you
- hold a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for offshore substations
- have professional knowledge based on extensive relevant technical project management experience as well as commercial experience and, preferably, experience with PMI terms
- have knowledge of electrical power transmission systems, preferably including offshore experience
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 February 2020, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jannick Elmbæk Olsen, Senior Manager of Offshore Electrical Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 5148, if you'd like to know more about the position.
The employees in the department are based in Gentofte, Skærbæk and a few on sites, so you should expect some travelling in relation to your work. Since Ørsted is going global and some of our activities will be outside Europe, you should also expect expatriation of 2 years.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder