Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to onshore substation design and construction for offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Electrical Engineering Manager in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management which is responsible for LV design and installations, integration management and commissioning management of electrical installations.
Together with seven committed colleagues, you’ll manage the integration of MV/HV components and SCADA into an onshore substation design. You’ll be the technical project manager handling interfaces between LV systems, MV/HV components and SCADA systems.
Your key tasks will be to
- coordinate tasks between project participants and suppliers within the electrical and utility field, and be responsible for the integration of MV/HV/SCADA equipment
- be accountable for power and utility design and installation in a project, and prepare technical requirements
- coordinate and manage specialists in a project
- follow up on time schedules, progress and results from consultants and contractors
- participate in project team meetings and clarification and negotiation meetings with contractors.
Your competences include that you
- hold a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical infrastructure for onshore substations
- have professional knowledge based on extensive, relevant technical project management experience, and preferably experience with PMI terms
- have knowledge of power systems, ideally including experience with high-voltage installations
- speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Hauge Svendsen, Manager of Onshore Substation Electrical Eng. Mgmt., by telephone on +45 9955 6184, if you’d like to know more about the position.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work. Employment will be subject to local terms and conditions. Since we’re going global and some of our activities will be outside Europe, you should also expect expatriation.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.