Electrical Engineering Manager for our onshore/offshore substation
Do you want to make a difference in one of the leading energy companies in Northern Europe?
Join us and become Electrical Engineering Manager in Substation Electrical & Commissioning Management, which is responsible for LV design and installations, integration management and commissioning management of electrical installations.
Together with 14 committed colleagues, you will manage the integration of MV/HV components and SCADA into the substation design. You will be the technical project manager handling interfaces between LV systems, MV/HV components and SCADA systems.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- coordinate tasks between project participants and suppliers within the electrical and utility field, and be responsible for the integration of MV/HV/SCADA equipment
- be accountable for power and utility design and installation in a project and prepare technical requirements
- coordinate and manage specialists in a project
- follow up on time schedules, progress and results from consultants and contractors
- participate in project team meetings and clarification and negotiation meeting with contractors.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical infrastructure for substations
- have professional knowledge based on extensive, relevant technical project management experience, and preferably experience with PMI terms
- have knowledge of power systems, ideally including experience with high-voltage installations
- speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Christian Hauge Svendsen, Manager of Substation Electrical Engineering Management, on telephone +45 9955 6184 on Tuesdays between 10:00-11:00 in weeks 31 and 32 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 15 August 2017, as interviews will be held on a continuous basis.
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder