Electrical Engineering graduate to support US green growth within Electrical Systems Design
Do you want to accelerate your career as an electrical engineer within Europe’s fastest-growing energy company?
Then join us and boost your career as Electrical Engineer in Ørsted through challenging assignments and world-class training. We offer you an intensive three-year development journey across locations in the United States and Europe with a mentor to guide and plan your career your way. You’ll get international project knowledge, insight into the offshore wind industry, and strong cross-functional electrical expertise. You’ll be responsible for your own tasks and scope and get to apply your knowledge and expertise to influence the engineering of our future wind farms.
The program will offer you concrete career opportunities upon completion and a unique chance to be part of a new Offshore Wind Electrical Team being developed in the United States. Potential roles will be: HV Components and Protection Engineer, SCADA and Protection Engineer, HV Cables Manager, Grid Connection Manager.
We’re looking for four graduates to join the Electrical Systems function. Together, we’ll plan your graduate journey through different Electrical Systems disciplines to ensure that you gain valuable cross-functional experience and build a strong internal network. The Electrical Systems area is responsible for connecting our offshore wind farms to the grid and consists of five disciplines: Transformers & HV Components, SCADA, HV Cables, Electrical Systems Design, and Electrical Project Management. As part of the program, there will be four different tracks corresponding to those disciplines. This job advert concerns the Electrical Systems Design track.
Your key tasks in the Electrical Systems Design track will be to
- develop the electrical system design criteria of wind farms with regards to interconnection requirements and coordinate between external and internal stakeholders including transmission operators, system operators, and project teams
- be responsible for ensuring that the electrical design is compliant with US interconnection codes and standards, and for transferring technical requirements back to the design teams in Europe
- manage the interconnection study process from initial application through the large generator interconnect agreement, including review of the PSS®E and PSCAD studies, preparation of electrical system design reports, and grid code compliance testing and verification
- support projects and business development opportunities in the US.
Your competences include that you
- are doing or have recently obtained your bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related degree
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate efficiently
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks effectively
- are self-motivated, a quick learner, and enjoy meeting new people
- are able to engage with business stakeholders and adapt to a commercial mindset.
You’ll have rotations in our main European offices in Denmark and in the Boston, Providence or Annapolis offices in the United states based on your personal rotation scheme. It’s our ambition that you gain as broad an experience as possible within the Electrical Systems function, and you should therefore expect some traveling in relation to your work – at times for extended periods. However, we pride ourselves on having a strong family and life friendly ethos and approach to our ways of working. As part of our commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workforce, we’re flexible on making reasonable adjustments to working practices, within the constraints of the role’s principal accountabilities.
We’re ready to back your talent
The Ørsted career acceleration program is specifically designed to develop our leaders and specialists of tomorrow, and you’ll be part of an innovative environment where you’ll collaborate with leading experts and experience extensive opportunities for constant personal and professional development.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realize their full potential.
Think big. Be bold. Apply now
Send us your application as soon as possible and no later than January 31, 2020.
If you’d like to know more about the position, please contact Brook Knodel by telephone on +18573324491
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application, CV, and latest grade transcripts via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.