Electrical engineer to Data Centre projects
COWI is implementing an ambitious growth strategy within the industry segment and is looking for an experienced electrical engineer...
Electrical engineer to data centre projects, industry in odense (28991)
COWI is implementing an ambitious growth strategy within the industry segment and is looking for an experienced electrical engineer with experience from the Data Centre industry for both Danish and international projects.
COWI is one of Denmark's leading consultants within the industry segment, and we are experiencing an increasing demand for innovative solutions at home and abroad. The Industry department has a staff of 50 skilled, ambitious and dedicated employees; and our section concerning electrical engineering includes 15 specialists and project managers. Our ambition is to create most value for our customers by delivering successful projects.
We are looking for an engineer with professional experience from the Data Centre Industry to join our team in Odense, alternatively the Vejle office.
As electrical engineer in the Electrical section, you will be working on both international and Danish projects. Furthermore, you will most likely also have secondments to contractors in Odense or the Southern part of Jutland; and parts of your projects may be solved abroad in Scandinavia or Northern Europe. The team you are part of will be responsible for strengthening COWI's market position within consultancy services for Data Centres in the Scandinavian market where our customers are major players.
Areas of responsibility
- Development of Data Centre design
- Design and procurement of electrical low voltage systems and backup power systems - UPS and Generators
- Site supervision
- Responsible for testing and commissioning
- Project- or discipline management of Data Centre projects.
Experienced from international data centre industry
You are educated engineer, preferably electrical engineer, with 5-10 years of professional experience from the Data Centre industry. It is a condition that you have experience from the Data Centre industry to be considered for the position. However, candidates with academic direction other than electrical, but within the MEP field are encouraged to apply too. Data Centre experience will be evaluated higher than academic direction. It is an advantage if you have experience from working abroad, as you will often be working in an English speaking and international environment.
Curious and wanting to learn more
As a person, you can recognise yourself in the following statements:
- You have a strong professional pride and aspire to be among the best in class
- You are capable of analytical and strategic thinking, and evaluating complex issues
- You have strong communication and management skills
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborating with colleagues from other disciplines
- You are fluent in Danish and English both orally and in writing
Working at COWI
We offer an informal and highly multidisciplinary working environment that provides excellent possibilities for you to develop your skills. With us, you will be able to shape your position.
- You will get career opportunities in a flat organisation structure
- You will be working with large challenging projects and you will get the opportunity to work with both technical and commercial aspects for the major players in the Danish Industry
- You will get a broader perspective at a consulting firm that designs technical solutions for tomorrow's sustainable societies – as part of the green conversion
- We offer a competitive salary package dependent on qualifications, including pension, health care and a bonus scheme.
If you want to know more about the position or have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Anders Lund Mathiasen, Head of Section Industry
Mobile: +45 4176 2316
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, so please send us your CV and application as soon as possible, however, at the latest on 1 May 2018. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder