Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore renewable energy industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of more than 100, working from offices in Denmark, Japan, Taiwan, UK and the US with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Electrical Engineer with an Engineering background to be a part of the Wood Thilsted team and to support the future development of the company.
We have a number of large detailed design projects in offshore wind, as well as a continuous stream of concept and FEED studies, plus design work on several innovative concepts (outside of the currently accepted foundation concepts for offshore wind) including floating structures. We continue to strengthen the way we manage these diverse projects, implementing state of the art project management thinking, and we are seeking talented people to join the team.
The primary work location will be one of or offices in Aarhus, Vejle, Copenhagen, London or Bristol. However, given our teams, clients and projects are spread internationally across Northern Europe, North America and South-East Asia, you may expect some travelling in relation to your work, both nationally and internationally. In addition, there may be opportunity during your employment for long-term or short-term postings abroad.
Areas of responsibility: As an Electrical Engineer, your main assignment will be to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients for electrical design of Low Voltage (LV) systems within the wind turbine foundations for offshore wind turbines. In your role, you will:
- Develop detailed LV electrical design for the wind turbine foundations
- Prepare specifications for LV equipment
- Perform calculations of LV and earthing systems
- Interact with the client and the rest of the Wood Thilsted project team to specify and obtain the required input
- Interact with the wind turbine suppliers to align on electrical interfaces between turbines and foundations
- Provide input to LV equipment layout and cable routing
- Keep yourself up-to-date with standards and best practices within your area
Your background: You should hold a bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering.
It is essential that you:
- Have experience in delivering the design of low voltage systems for the offshore wind industry
- Are well organised and able to keep track of multiple aspects of work
- Are able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, consultants and contractors through a variety of media, including both web-based telecommunication and face-to-face meetings
- Are a team player
- Are pro-active in your efforts to engage with others
- Demonstrate a strong drive to fulfil your assignments, and a willingness to take the initiative when faced with opportunities to exceed expectations
- Possess excellent numeracy, literacy, communication and interpersonal skills
- Are fluent in the use of standard office software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have experience of some of the following:
- Proven, relevant experience as an electrical engineer in the wind turbine industry
- Experience with detailed design work
- Experience with calculation and documentation of electrical installation design
- Experience with electrical installations performed by fabrication yards
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as IEC, DNV etc.
- Software, programs and other tools for electrical design
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects.
Apply: Please apply by using the direct link below where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.