Would you like to help us ensure high quality, efficiency and continuous development within wind power in building grid connections for offshore wind farms?...
Electrical Engineer for offshore wind farm substations
Would you like to help us ensure high quality, efficiency and continuous development within wind power in building grid connections for offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Electrical Engineer in the Transformers & HV Components department where you’ll work with HV equipment in substations. Together with your competent colleagues, you’ll provide electrical engineering services to our wind projects. We’re responsible for planning, designing and purchasing components, eg switchgears, transformers and protection systems for on and offshore substations for wind farms.
Your key tasks will be to
- coordinate tasks with project participants and suppliers of high-voltage components, as a member of our cross-disciplinary team of electrical engineers
- ensure QA and project compliance with time schedules and budgets
- follow up on project progress and prepare tender documents, contracts and detailed designs
- specify technical requirements for substation components in tender documents
- evaluate tenders and enter into contracts with our suppliers.
Furthermore, your key tasks will be to coordinate supplies and systems during planning and design periods, evaluate substation designs and participate at FAT and SAT and the final commissioning of substations.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant bachelor's or master's degree in electrical engineering with specialisation in the high-voltage field
- have personal drive combined with both an analytical and responsible approach to your work
- have an extrovert personality and thrive on teamwork as you will be performing cross-disciplinary work and cooperating with colleagues and external business partners
- speak and write English fluently as we are an international company and cooperate closely with our colleagues abroad
- enjoy sharing your knowledge with both your colleagues in the project group and the entire department.
Furthermore, it is an advantage, but not a requirement, if your professional skills are based on relevant working experience, including technology specification for 150kV-400kV substations.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 November 2017, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. The first interview will be conducted by phone; the second will be held at one of our offices and will involve a personality test and an interview.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Nikolaj Christensen, Manager of Onshore Transformers & HV Components Team, by telephone on +45 9955 8636 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
Please note that we won’t accept applications by email. For your application to be reviewed, you must submit your application via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Country: Denmark and UK
Place of employment: Gentofte and London on local terms and conditions
Working hours: Full time
Additional info: You should expect some travelling in relation to your work
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening; further details will be given at offer stage.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 8636