At the National Genome Center (NGC), we are on a meaningful mission, which in all simplicity consists of making actors in the Danish health sector better and faster at diagnosing, treating and researching. We are looking for a dynamic backend developer who has mastered the basic development knowledge in Go, Python and basic programming and would like to develop one's skills even further.
Your everyday life with us
You will develop backend solutions in a team of technical specialists with solid experience in IT infrastructure, backend and frontend development as well as data analysis for our national High-Performance Computing cluster.
Based on your experience with Go and Python, you will involve in several development projects, where you will have ample opportunity to learn and acquire new skills. For this position, we are looking for either a person with basic experience or a person with a more senior profile. You will collaborate with other developers to build a backend that can handle data flows and integrations from scratch. Besides that, you will need to collaborate with several frontend developers.
Your education, experience and personal qualifications
The overall goal is to support the development of personalized medicine in Denmark - and for which you must help develop solutions. You must be able to collaborate with existing teams, as well as be able to work independently as needed. It involves familiarity with modern development processes and knowledge of code review, CI / CD and technical documentation. It is important that you have good technical communication skills.
- Control and practical experience with the basics of Go and Python
- experience with PostgreSQL and other relational database systems
- experience in building applications with Docker and inserting apps in Kubernetes clusters using Helm
- practical experience with UNIX / Linux systems
- knowledge of Git version control system.
It will be a plus if you also have:
- practical experience with the gRPC framework
- practical experience with non-relational database systems and/or large-scale data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark
- practical experience with message queues such as RabbitMQ
- experience with programming languages other than Go and Python
- familiarity with analysis of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data
- experience with open-source contributions (we would like to see your portfolio).
As our new colleague, you must be:
- persistent. You are diligent, hard-working and able to continuously initiate actions that lead to the common goal.
- structured. Your approach is systematic, you plan and organize your work efficiently and purposefully.
- network oriented. You are outgoing and have a good sense of establishing relationships in close collaboration with specialists and leaders.
We are looking for a candidate with experience but not necessarily heavy experience. The important thing is that you dare to develop, have good energy and can think and work independently.
We offer a position with development opportunities in an international atmosphere with a focus on the patient, research, innovation, clinical advice and high professionalism. Competence development is an integral part of our organization. We offer great flexibility in the position, you will work with the latest in technology, and you will contribute to the next levels in health innovation.
We offer a two-person office, a flexible mix between on-site work and working from home, a modern UNIX-based development tool and access to targeted training resources in software development.
NGC is an agency under the Ministry of Health. Our overall task is to create a basis for the development of better diagnostics and more targeted treatments using genetic analyzes. In close collaboration with, among others, the health professional environments in the regions, the world of research and foundations, we are helping to realize the national strategy for personalized medicine. Among other things, we make a common technological infrastructure for data analysis, storage and knowledge-sharing available to the healthcare system. The technological infrastructure can store and combine large amounts of different data.
About the employment
Depending on your educational background salary and appointment terms will be based on either:
- the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Federation of Professional Associations (AC) (Overenskomst for akademikere i staten). Depending on your academic qualifications and experience there is a possibility of being classified as a special or senior consultant according to appendix 4 (protocol concerning special- and senior consultants).
- the organizational agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation for Salaried Employees HK/Stat (Organisationsaftale for kontorfunktionærer, laboranter og it-medarbejdere (HK)), according to chapter 5 in the agreement and the collective agreement between The Danish Finance Ministry and the Organisation of Public Employees (OAO-S-Fællesoverenskomsten).
Please be advised that it is required that you can pass security clearance by the Danish authorities and maintain the security clearance throughout your employment.
Feel free to contact us
For further information about the position, you are welcome to contact Mette Dal Pedersen from Maximize Consult on tel. +45 2120 0030.
Are you interested?
Click on 'apply' and send us your application with CV and diploma. Job interviews are expected to be held in week 40 and any second interview in week 41.
You can read more about us on our website www.ngc.dk.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.