DTU Tenure Track Researcher or Senior Researcher in Wind Energy Economics and Policy
Are you passionate about driving forward the energy transition through rigorous research in the field of energy economics and policy?
Are you passionate about driving forward the energy transition through rigorous research in the field of energy economics and policy? We are now seeking candidates to join our research section Society, Market and Policy (SMP) at DTU Wind Energy as researcher or senior researcher. If you would like to contribute to our interdisciplinary endeavor of supporting the green transition of society and develop your career in applied economic research with an interdisciplinary focus, we can offer a vibrant and inspiring research community in social sciences embedded in an engineering environment.
We are offering a position in the intersection of applied energy economics, policy and governance, with a focus on one or more of the following research topics:
- Value creation of renewable energy, and especially the role of wind energy, in increasingly competitive and zero-support market environments
- Policies and regulations that incentivise investments in renewable energy and related infrastructure assets, integrate wind and solar into the energy system, enhance sector coupling, and create new routes to market for renewable energy (including PtX).
- Socio-economic evaluation and impact assessment of renewable energy projects and energy policies
- International market, financial and development aspects of an emerging large-scale wind industry, especially related to offshore developments
We expect candidates to apply and develop mixed methods, including quantitative and qualitative aspects, e.g. combining econometric or stochastic financial analysis with conceptual policy considerations, or socio-economic cost and benefit estimations with an assessment of equity and governance implications. We are valuing highly the use of novel research methods and tools.
The researcher position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
Responsibilities and qualifications
Your main activities will include:
- Conduct excellent research in one or more of the above mentioned research areas and publication of articles in international high-level journals
- Participate in and lead collaborative research projects
- Research-based teaching for future engineers on economic and policy topics
- Building/further developing a strong research profile within one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Attracting external funding
- Supervision of PhD and Master projects
- Participate in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector consultancy
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
Candidates for the researcher position must hold a PhD degree in economics (or equivalent documented qualifications in economics) and have completed postdoctoral research in a related topical area. Candidates for the senior researcher position must hold a PhD degree in economics (or equivalent documented qualifications in economics), as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a researcher position or assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training. Moreover, we expect you to bring the following:
- You have strong expertise and a track record in one or more of the research topics listed above
- You have an (emerging) international collaboration network of research peers
- You have the ability to motivate colleagues, peers, and students to collaborate and create an interdisciplinary and open atmosphere to achieve ambitious goals.
- You are an open-minded team player, motivated to contribute to a common mission.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Lena Kitzing, +45 24 65 90 64, email@example.com
You can read more about DTU Wind Energy at www.vindenergi.dtu.dk/english
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 September 2021 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
Please ensure to merge all documents into one pdf file and submit only the merged file.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as a Senior Researcher or Researcher.
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
About DTU Wind Energy
At DTU Wind Energy we put knowledge to work. The department is one of the largest public research organizations for wind energy in the world with 250 staff members. We educate and train the next generation of wind power engineers. We collaborate with global leaders in the wind industries and public authorities around the world to research and develop new technologies and services to power the green transition.
The SMP section is part of the Wind Energy Systems Division at DTU’s Department for Wind Energy. We work towards a sustainable and just energy system and perform multi-disciplinary social science research in the technological, economic and societal nexus of wind energy. We use qualitative and quantitative methods, empirical data, interviews, case studies, financial modelling, socio-economic and policy analysis to study wind energy project development, environmental impacts, social interactions, markets, policy, and industry processes.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear vision to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That vision lives on today. DTU has 12,900 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.