DTU Tenure Track Researcher or Senior Researcher in the development of new technologies and advanced analytics to facilitate precision fishing
If you have a keen interest in computer vision, machine learning, and deep learning, and their application in species identification and automated catch registration for the advancement of precision fishing technologies, this may be the perfect position for you.
If you have a keen interest in computer vision, machine learning, and deep learning, and their application in species identification and automated catch registration for the advancement of precision fishing technologies, this may be the perfect position for you. At DTU Aqua, you will combine these areas to help improve the environmental and economic sustainability ofcommercial fisheries.
Responsibilities and qualifications
In this role, you will join an internationally recognised multidisciplinary team to develop new technologies and advanced analytics such as deep learning methods for the analysis of images and videos for species identification and automated catch registration to advance precision fishing technologies. The team is developing fish detection and species identification algorithms, with the goal of implementing the software in an operational capacity. Your role will be to further this development by contributing with a strong background in computer vision, machine learning, quantitative analysis and programming. You will collaborate with nearby colleagues and strengthen existing collaborations with other DTU institutes while also establishing new academic and industrial partnerships. Your primary tasks will be to:
- Develop supervised, semi-supervised and/or unsupervised methods, as well as robustlearning methods to detect, classify, and segment fish species in videos;
- Manage and automate the collection and labelling of new datasets;
- Deliver an error rate analysis of the fish detection and species recognition algorithms;
- Produce high quality scientific papers suitable for publication in quality journals;
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences;
- Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research;
- Participate in national and international projects through the generation of new ideas incollaboration with end users;
In the assessment of the candidates, particular consideration will be given to:
- A strong track record in the development and application of computer vision algorithms,machine learning and automation, and the ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded machine learning algorithms for video analyses;
- Highly experienced in developing and evaluating machine learning models;
- A history of publishing in peer reviewed journals and/or authorship of scientific papers, reports, grant applications or patents;
- Proficiency in Python, C++ or equivalent;
- High level written and oral communication skills, including the presentation of research outcomes at national and international conferences.
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. If you are applying for the senior researcher position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section for Fisheries Technology Jordan Feekings, +45 24895821; email: email@example.com
You can read more about DTU Aqua at www.aqua.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Please submit your online application no later than 20 January 2022 (Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply: www.career.dtu.dk
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.