DTU Tenure Track Assistant Professors or Associate Professors with engineering background
The DTU Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Pilot Plant is looking for a chemical, biochemical, production, mechanical or similar engineer, to do research (including fund raising) within equipment and process design in chemical unit operations and technology
Are you an energetic and ambitious person with a passion to work with experimental research on equipment, process design and scaling-up in collaboration with industry? Do you enjoy teaching students? Are you ready to take on the challenge to help bring our Pilot Plant into the digitalization and the industry 4.0 age? Then this is the right job for you!
The DTU Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Pilot Plant is looking for a chemical, biochemical, production, mechanical or similar engineer, to do research (including fund raising) within equipment and process design in chemical unit operations and technology, to support and further develop our large collection of pilot-scale equipment. The position also provides the opportunity to contribute in offering of the pilot equipment and infrastructure as a service to Danish and international industries. Finally, a very important task will also be to teach our undergraduate and graduate students practical process technology and chemical and biochemical unit operations. One of the Department’s main strategic projects is to digitalize our pilot equipment, and to bring virtual reality (VR) solutions into teaching. The Department is furthermore a forerunner and a very ambitious contributor to offer practical technical solutions within our area of expertise, to help solve climate problems and support the transition to green energy in collaboration with partners from industry and academia.
The assistant professor position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility. We develop talent by offering a career mentor, state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and postgraduate teacher training. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Associate Professorship. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage.
Your responsibilities and tasks will be within:
- Teaching in practical chemical and biochemical unit operations using the pilot plant units including courses relevant for GMP and quality management systems;
- Management of research and development projects related to upscaling and downscaling of chemical unit operations;
- Active participation in our digitalization project to implement Industry 4.0 concepts on our existing and future pilot equipment;
- Design, procurement, installation, commissioning and operation of new pilot equipment and systems;
- Active collaboration and interaction with the colleagues at the department;
You must be responsible for the teaching of courses. You will be expected to learn Danish and be able to teach in Danish after 3 years. DTU can provide Danish language courses.
You are expected to have relevant experience with research projects and experience from an industrial production and/or experimental academíc environment in a relevant field. You are also expected to be passionate about teaching our students to become the next generation of skilled chemical engineers for chemical and biochemical unit operations, equipment design and process technology.
We appreciate that you:
- Have a strong background in chemical and biochemical unit operations;
- Enjoy teaching, disseminating and sharing knowledge and experience with students, academia and industry;
- Have practical experience with equipment, processes and safety on an industrial or pilot scale, and are not afraid to “roll up your sleeves when required”;
- Take initiative, with an ability to work systematically and independently on start-up, management, and finalization of larger projects;
- Are a team player;
- Have a curious, innovative and positive mindset;
- Are fluent in English, both oral and writing. Understand or willingness to learn Danish.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent). If you are applying for the associate professor position you should also have academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research experience
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The salary for the position will be determined by the applicant’s qualifications and in agreement with the relevant union. Further information on qualification requirements and job content may be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Kim Dam-Johansen, tel.: +45 4525 2845.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering at www.kt.dtu.dk/english.
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark.
Please submit your online application no later than 12 December 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights), H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for”, please indicate whether you are applying for the position as Associate or Assistant Professor..
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder