We are searching for a structured Draftsman with an innovative technical mindset, strong interpersonal skills and a proven interest in the offshore wind business...
Swire Blue Ocean is looking for a Draftsman
We are searching for a structured Draftsman with an innovative technical mindset, strong interpersonal skills and a proven interest in the offshore wind business. You will be responsible for preparing and designing in house technical and project drawings. Supporting offshore projects with drafting and controlling the numbering, filing, as well as sorting and retrieval of as built drawings produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. The position is based in Copenhagen and is an opportunity for a skilled Draftsman who is interested in furthering a career in the renewables sector.
Successful Candidate should:
- Be structured with attention to details
- Show strong technical knowledge and understanding of offshore operations.
- Have sound knowledge of standards, recommended practices, and general client requirements applied within the offshore wind industry.
- 2D/3D drafting experience using AutoCad and AutoCad Inventor.
- Fluent in English, both orally and written. Fluency in Danish is advantageous.
- A valid Offshore Medical and Survival Training certification is advantageous.
Desired personal qualities:
- Possess good communication and interaction skills.
- Be a team worker, contribute positively to the work environment and show high ethical behavior.
- Be a self-motivated person with a “can do” attitude who also demonstrates an ability to work on projects independently.
- You want to learn, utilize past experience to solve new challenges and have a desire to improve daily upon assignments.
- You find solutions when you encounter problems or are faced with unexpected situations.
- Possess flexibility to accommodate changes in work tasks, deliverables and assignments.
The candidate shall as minimum have 3 - 5 years’ experience with performing some of the following work tasks:
- Experience from planning and executing offshore operations, e.g. subsea installations, inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR), survey, renewables and decommissioning operations or similar.
- Develop operational procedures for vessel mobilizations and operations.
- Develop technical documentation (method statements, schedules, document registers, equipment lists and cost estimates) in connection with tenders.
- Prepare deck layouts.
- Follow-up interfaces towards clients and subcontractors.
- Interface with internal departments such as Project Execution, ROV, Survey, Vessel Management, HSE and QA/QC as required.
- Participate and present at risk assessments, design and operational reviews, project meetings, audits and other HSE activities.
- Claculations and analysis of offshore operations using Mathcad, Orcaflex or other similar software (e.g. lifting, deployment & recovery or flex lay and mooring installation operations are preferable).
- Design of equipment, ROV tooling, skids or machinery using 3D modelling software (Solidworks)
- Verification and design calculations of equipment using FEM analysis, Mathcad or similar.
- Detail drawings, fabrication follow-up and testing (Solidworks & Autocad)
- Seafastening design, rigging and lifting design and calculations.
- Subcontractor / Fabrication follow-up.
- Prepare documentation including but not limited to; final documentation, maintenance and operation manuals, inspection and test plans.
- Assist with maintaining and developing engineering discipline documents such as checklists, templates, guidelines and procedures.
Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
The e-mail subject feed should be titled with ‘the postion you are applying for’ and no further/alternative information.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder