About the position:
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
For the Technical Publication and Manuals team in the Service Business unit, we are looking for a Documentation Specialist that likes to take responsibility for creation of maintenance manuals.
Would you like to be part of an existing global team working with topic-based authoring in modern authoring tools enabling us to set the standard and take the maintenance documentation to the next level?
What can we offer you?
- A personal career path
- The chance to be part of a dynamic and global team
- Cross organizational cooperation as a responsible platform owner
- The opportunity to learn about renewable energy
- A unique possibility to combine linguistic skills and technical insight
- Participation in the development of processes affecting your daily work
What are my responsibilities?
As Documentation Specialist with platform responsibility, your tasks will cover:
- Creating and updating maintenance manuals in our Content Management System as well as associated maintenance checklists
- Authoring of maintenance manuals by use of simplified technical English
- Gathering, systemizing and structuring complex information from Engineers and other stakeholders
- Taking photos on site in connection with maintenance visits - this includes climbing turbines (expect 5-10 travel days per year)
- Converting information into clear and concise documentation by using text and illustrations
- Managing your own projects and communicating with stakeholders
- Ensuring that reviews from technical and safety perspectives are done before release
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have 3-5 years of experience in writing and managing technical documentation. Furthermore, you have good IT application skills - and experience with topic-based authoring, single sourcing, CMS or xml-based editing.
- You are structured and proactive in your work and approach to assignments and you can work independently as well as in teams.
- You like to work closely together with both engineers and service technicians.
- You hold the ability to cooperate and create networks with colleagues across the company.
- You possess excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Allan Overgaard via phone +45 3037 7123
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.